Anyone want a dog?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want a dog?

Male corgie mix. 2 yrs old next month full grown at 25 lbs. not nutered. wife is prego an he is getting on her nerves i guess. Hes calm and just lays around most of the time but he seems to like to jump on my wife when shes on the couch.

pm me your number and i can text pictures
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

He is still available
Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Teching In

man, giving away the dog for jumping up?
How about working a little with the dog on some obedience training. With the baby coming it would be a good idea. Dogs are awesome. Your Dog just sounds like he need some training. There are a lot of great group classes you could join. Dogs love to please. Your wife might even enjoy it. Dogs speak dog so you have to learn how to communicate with your dog. All Dogs want to do what you tell them they just don't understand what no is. or shut up or get over hear is.
Dogs read body language You and your wife just need to understand how you speak. how you look at and and when you do all that. Those action are more powerful language to your dog than the words.
Give the dog a chance and spend some time training him. You will be surprised what your dog can accomplish.
If your dog does not come when called. Sit and stay on command. Lay down on a hand signal . or do tricks for teats or praise you owe him some training.
I know its Time and you got a job and bills and a baby on the way but its rewarding to have an obedient dog and its easy it just takes a little help.

If its to much and you are frustrated and willing to beat the dog then get rid of the dog. I have never met a obedient dog that was struck by a human hand. only some of the worst dogs I have ever encountered for bad behavior and biting.
Good luck. I hope you find some way to work it all out.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Your statement is null and void in this situation. Thanks for the bump man.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

FYI just because people give away dogs to people who will give the animal what it needs doesn't mean those people hit and mistreat the animal. There are other circumstances in situations. Just because I have a couple reasons to find him a better home doesn't make me or my wife a bad person.

Again thanks for the free bump.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

^Well said bones.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No kidding? When did you say you beat the crap out if the dog?

Good luck finding an owner. I am not a dog owner but think its cool you are trying to find a new owner than killing it or just kicking it out .... Glass half full.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Teching In

I did not imply you or your wife are bad people.
"If its to much and you are frustrated and willing to beat the dog then get rid of the dog."
I am apologize If I came of that way. I can only imagine the circumstances to to be at the point where you are willing to give away your dog of two years. I don't want to brand you or your wife. I was just advocating for the dog.
Its your family you certainly know better than anyone whats best. Good luck with the dog.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

You just said that basically anyone who gets rid of animals gets frustrated with them and beats them. Same as you said before.

When you become active duty miltary and move around every so many years to the point it's not logical to buy your own home so you rent where there are stipulations as to how many animals and such you can have( which we were hiding from the landlord because we wanted to keep him) and many other factors. We have tried to
Make it work with him but like I said before he just needs a family that can give him more attention and be with him more.

Another free bump for me from the stereotyping *******!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Most guys I would stereotype by saying
"get rid of the wife and keep the dog."

Hey be angry call me names . As long as you are doing whats best for the dog that's cool. sorry to get you all worked up.
Thank you for your service. I hope you can find the dog a good home. you and I can agree on that.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Keep the dog and get rid of the wife. You'll thank me later.

Quick Reply: Anyone want a dog?