Father/son time.. priceless...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome! My son and I started thrashing on a third gen when he was 14. He bought a bolt-on fourth gen when he turned 18, I bought a similar one shortly thereafter. We have a ball wrenching on them together and then going to track and lining them up against each other. The only problem is almost three years later both cars boosted and going faster than we ever thought we would. LOL It's been a challenge and a blast but the bonding has been priceless.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

Lining up racing each other sounds really cool!!! I have my eye on an 85 IROC (Roller) to possibly pick up for him.. He has recently shown an interest in the 2nd gen Ford Lightning's... Think i'll let him buy one of those on his dime...
The 01 is a little nice for a first car... He's a great kid though.... Ya never know.

Thanks for the kind words

Originally Posted by high impact
awesome! My son and I started thrashing on a third gen when he was 14. He bought a bolt-on fourth gen when he turned 18, I bought a similar one shortly thereafter. We have a ball wrenching on them together and then going to track and lining them up against each other. The only problem is almost three years later both cars boosted and going faster than we ever thought we would. LOL It's been a challenge and a blast but the bonding has been priceless.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
Lining up racing each other sounds really cool!!! I have my eye on an 85 IROC (Roller) to possibly pick up for him.. He has recently shown an interest in the 2nd gen Ford Lightning's... Think i'll let him buy one of those on his dime...
The 01 is a little nice for a first car... He's a great kid though.... Ya never know.

Thanks for the kind words
I thought this one might be for Rye Guess dad has other plans. Just throwing it out there: Huron Speed Single turbo kit RR winner if you did
Old 11-17-2014, 07:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Well JP, This car is in such great shape, inside and out... and the fac that it is a one owner, female DD car for years... I think I am going to hold on to this one.

Ryan saw vid's where you and I were at Ennis,,, he really likes the Ford Lightning's (2nd gen)... I still have another year before he begins to drive.

No motor plans right now for the SS.... Simple bolt ons', and a nice stall will suffice for now... I should have some spray for the next RR event for the vette...

How's the C6Z build going?

Originally Posted by 427zm
I thought this one might be for Rye Guess dad has other plans. Just throwing it out there: Huron Speed Single turbo kit RR winner if you did
Old 11-17-2014, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Honestly if I could do it all over again. I would of just gotten a D1 pro charger and left the rest alone. Hell I would of just left it with LT and enjoyed the car. Life lessons lol
Old 11-17-2014, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
Well JP, This car is in such great shape, inside and out... and the fac that it is a one owner, female DD car for years... I think I am going to hold on to this one.

Ryan saw vid's where you and I were at Ennis,,, he really likes the Ford Lightning's (2nd gen)... I still have another year before he begins to drive.

No motor plans right now for the SS.... Simple bolt ons', and a nice stall will suffice for now... I should have some spray for the next RR event for the vette...

How's the C6Z build going?
Should be finished up this week!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie

You gonna be in town this weekend... There is a Dyno day @ TSM for Toys 4 Tots....

Originally Posted by 427zm
Should be finished up this week!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I am with ya "dude"... I already have a fast car.... (built C5Z)
The SS is for cruising.... Bolt on's and a stall... done.

Originally Posted by camarodude87
Honestly if I could do it all over again. I would of just gotten a D1 pro charger and left the rest alone. Hell I would of just left it with LT and enjoyed the car. Life lessons lol

Quick Reply: Father/son time.. priceless...