Good paint/body shop in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joshtownsend
So what you are saying is you don't have first hand knowledge of them, only what your buddy told you happen.. that sounds reassuring.. I know exactly what car your taking about and it wasn't just a paint job..and there were consistently more issues then sanding and painting.. before you talk about a shop, tell the whole story rather then hearsay
Hear say? Alain is a close friend of mine and I have heard every detail of the situation which you have not. These guys have strung him along like you wouldn't believe. Now for example. His car has been painted and ready to be buffed and finished. Where is it? In bubble wrap in the corner. Do me a favor and go nut swing somewhere else. His car has been there almost 3 YEARS. Was it more than a paint job? Yes it's a 40 yr old car with custom flairs and a few other custom things done. In no way shape or form should it EVER take a body shop 2+ years to paint a car. There are plenty of guys the have had issues with Richie taking an absurd amount of time to do things. But what do I know right

Last edited by oscs; 12-14-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
Hear say? Alain is a close friend of mine and I have heard every detail of the situation which you have not. These guys have strung him along like you wouldn't believe. Now for example. His car has been painted and ready to be buffed and finished. Where is it? In bubble wrap in the corner. Do me a favor and go nut swing somewhere else. His car has been there almost 3 YEARS. Was it more than a paint job? Yes it's a 40 yr old car with custom flairs and a few other custom things done. In no way shape or form should it EVER take a body shop 2+ years to paint a car. There are plenty of guys the have had issues with Richie taking an absurd amount of time to do things. But what do I know right
You are correct.. you don't know..and again, have proven my point.. Have you personally spent money there or had a car there..no.. sounds to me you are the one swinging to me.. Why don't you save up your money, then go there and get work done..then you can complain all you want....

I swear tech is nothing more then a bunch of wannabees and blowhard that never ever have first hand knowledgeable of anything other then what "they heard"
Old 12-14-2014, 07:43 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooker928
Most of the shops around here (90%) suck....
These are collision shops and do poor custom work.
If you can find someone who can do good body work there are some good sprayers out here.
Macao on Clay rd near hwy6 has a guy that can lay it down!
I wouldn't get them to do the body work though..
I would supply my own paint also as they use low quality paint.
If you are handy and time is not an issue I would give it a shot at prepping the car myself and taking it to get sprayed.
I got hosed by a shop on hwy6 and Little York.
I ended up having to paint the car myself!!!
I took me almost a year but it came out really good..
It's not a show quality job by any means but it looks better than factory.
I used a $45 Home Depot HVLP and it worked well but I'm going to paint another car soon so I bought a better quality gun so I won't have to wet sand the clear as much.
Part of your statement is soo true, but there are some REAL collision shops around. The problem is any guy who can lay some bondo and spray a paint gun, opens up a shop and to sound official they call it a Collision repair shop.
But a REAL collision repair shop such as Lane's Hi-Tech that was mentioned, do insurance repairs for 99% of there revenue and don't have time for a complete paint job, and will most likely turn the job down as I am sure Tim at Lane's will do. Why you ask! They are held to a certain time to get a car finished by the insurance co. with in a day or two as long as nothing comes up during the repair etc... Doing a complete paint job RIGHT, takes a lot of time and work for little reward or money. At the end of the day to make money on a car that takes weeks or months to finish with all the competition from the self proclaimed Collision repair places or Body shops is extremely hard to do. So most reputible Collision repair places won't do a complete paint job most of the time, unless they are just totally dead etc... GL!
Old 12-14-2014, 08:13 PM
8 Second Club

You are correct.. you don't know..and again, have proven my point.. Have you personally spent money there or had a car there..no.. sounds to me you are the one swinging to me.. Why don't you save up your money, then go there and get work done..then you can complain all you want.... I swear tech is nothing more then a bunch of wannabees and blowhard that never ever have first hand knowledgeable of anything other then what "they heard"
Yeah I proved your point save up money so I can have the same thing happen to me? Yeah that's smart. I guess not wanting to have my car in a shop for 3 years makes me a "wannabe." Funny thing is that there is an on going thread on the corvette board right now about this same thing.

Fact of the matter is that Richie auto did a shitty job of taking care of my friend and I made my judgement based of his detailed first hand experiences. How many times have you used or not used a business based on friends or family first hand experiences? Yeah that's what I though. If they would have treated him right, we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? According to you that makes me a "blowhard" or "wannabe." Why don't you go call Richie and tell him there is people bad mouthing his business again. Maybe they will start working on Alain's 280 again. It worked last time.

Last edited by oscs; 01-09-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

houston astro collision. ask for larry
Old 12-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Part of your statement is soo true, but there are some REAL collision shops around. The problem is any guy who can lay some bondo and spray a paint gun, opens up a shop and to sound official they call it a Collision repair shop.
But a REAL collision repair shop such as Lane's Hi-Tech that was mentioned, do insurance repairs for 99% of there revenue and don't have time for a complete paint job, and will most likely turn the job down as I am sure Tim at Lane's will do. Why you ask! They are held to a certain time to get a car finished by the insurance co. with in a day or two as long as nothing comes up during the repair etc... Doing a complete paint job RIGHT, takes a lot of time and work for little reward or money. At the end of the day to make money on a car that takes weeks or months to finish with all the competition from the self proclaimed Collision repair places or Body shops is extremely hard to do. So most reputible Collision repair places won't do a complete paint job most of the time, unless they are just totally dead etc... GL!
I agree...
Old 01-08-2015, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Got a chance to swing by riches today... just to check out their crappy work and all.. again, multiple changes and adds made to this "2 year project".. not counting possible money issues on the owners part.. judge for yourself..
Attached Thumbnails Good paint/body shop in Houston-20141020_161309.jpg   Good paint/body shop in Houston-20141030_180106.jpg   Good paint/body shop in Houston-20141030_180117.jpg   Good paint/body shop in Houston-20141030_180111.jpg  
Old 01-08-2015, 05:01 PM
8 Second Club

Got a chance to swing by riches today... just to check out their crappy work and all.. again, multiple changes and adds made to this "2 year project".. not counting possible money issues on the owners part.. judge for yourself..
It's 3 years since your apparently an expert on the subject. Key word "possible" Money issues, You have no idea what the **** your taking about. Alain is about the last person in the world with "money issues" Lmao! Is that what he told you? Who are you? BTW those pictures are more than 2 months old dumb ***. The car has been sitting in bubble rap since November.. All it needs is wet sand/buff and the glass put back in. Why in the hell should that take 2 months? Perfect example of how this shop operates. Also I never said they did shitty work. They do awesome work! The problem is time management. Next time you attempt to discredit someone do your research smart guy.

Alain texts me Tuesday "Richey says he's going to start working on the car again next week" Hmmm wonder why that is....

Last edited by oscs; 01-08-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:09 PM
8 Second Club

Got to love the Internet and all the fans boys that come with it..
Old 01-08-2015, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Got to love the Internet and all the fans boys that come with it..
Ill tell you one more thing...and Ill leave it at that...Either you keep your mouth shut or Ill personally shut it for you.. plain and simple.. in fact, ill be out on Saturday.. let meet up.. everyone knows who i am.. i'm not hard to find at all and you having a POS car, can be found very easily.. So again, talk and be a tough guy all you want on here and your time will come..

Last edited by joshtownsend; 01-08-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:03 PM
8 Second Club

Ill tell you one more thing...and Ill leave it at that...Either you keep your mouth shut or Ill personally shut it for you.. plain and simple.. in fact, ill be out on Saturday.. let meet up.. everyone knows who i am.. i'm not hard to find at all and you having a POS car, can be found very easily.. So again, talk and be a tough guy all you want on here and your time will come..
I'm SO glad this is on the internet where everyone can see what a giant douche bag you are. Your fan boy nut swinging *** gets called out for running your mouth about something you know nothing about and now your threatening me on the Internet becuase your upset about it? Making comments about my "POS car" Seriously dude you should shut your mouth because your making yourself look even more stupid.

I'll tell you what, Saturday is no good for me as I'll be painting my sons room... You know "adult things" or maybe you don't. I often frequent royal purple raceway, sealy, coffee and cars and many other car meets. I will also be at TX2K15. At any of these places you will see my "POS car" as it's the only street driven twin turbo LSX280Z on the road. See signature so you don't get me confused with someone else. I'll be the abnormally large white guy standing next to it. If your feeling tough we can go from there. Otherwise keep the Internet tough guy act to yourself. ***.

Oh maybe I missed it? What car do your drive again? I'd love to see you out and about. Wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to catch up.

Last edited by oscs; 01-08-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:34 PM
8 Second Club

Just the thought of you coming up to me at a meet or on the track and trying to pick a fight with me about an argument on the Internet makes me chuckle. Then and only then would you really prove your true douche potential.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Done ...see you around "large dude" that hides behind a screen name..
Old 01-08-2015, 07:49 PM
8 Second Club

Done ...see you around "large dude" figured you had an excuse..
I thought you where done? Lol what's wrong you don't want to me to know what car you'll be in? Afraid are you? Yeah "figured you'd have an excuse" I'm sorry I don't make plans to fight every Internet tough guy I come across..
Old 01-08-2015, 08:14 PM
8 Second Club

Done ...see you around "large dude" that hides behind a screen name..
Hides behind a SN? I just told you where i frequent and you know exactly what car i drive. My name is mike.. Im a 6'3 225lb white dude.. I generally where a datsun hat at meets. I cant imagine there i a whole lot other people that fit the bill. Any other info you would like? My address perhaps? eye color? You wont even devolge what car you drive..much less "shut my mouth for me" and im the one hiding..

Seriously dude drop the tough guy act, Its ridiculous. You and I both know where not going to square up and fight over some internet BS. Get over it.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

I thought you where done? Lol what's wrong you don't want to me to know what car you'll be in? Afraid are you? Yeah "figured you'd have an excuse" I'm sorry I don't make plans to fight every Internet tough guy I come across..
Its.. cars.. as in more then one.. I have cars worth more then your house.. but its whatever you say..

expect a call form Alain here the next little bit and you can explain to him your actions as well..

Last edited by joshtownsend; 01-09-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 PM
8 Second Club

Its.. cars.. as in more then one.. I have cars worth more then your house.. but its whatever you say.. expect a call form Alain here the next little bit and you can explain to him your actions as well..

You sure about that? You know where I live now too? I just talked to him... I'd love to hear about "my actions" lmao. Seriously you have got to be the biggest douche I have ever had the displeasure of conversing with. For some reason you still seem to be fixating on this issue and you don't even know the guy. You've done nothing more than make your self looks like a complete fool for the entire web to see. You've even threatened to "beat me up" I can't believe your an "adult"

Last edited by oscs; 01-09-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Teching In

I googled josh townsend. I feel like he thinks he's this man.

Good paint/body shop in Houston-forumrunner_20150109_152841.jpg

While he prob looks more like this

Good paint/body shop in Houston-joshuatownsendsr-240x320.jpg
Old 01-09-2015, 03:30 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Wu8Tx
I googled josh townsend. I feel like he thinks he's this man. While he prob looks more like this

I've seen some bad nut swingers in my day but this guy has got to be the worst.

Last edited by oscs; 01-09-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry, i was doing some etrading.. you know, supporting your types that cant make it on your own.. anyways, im this and that but you consistently are posting about everything to make yourself feel good.. This is what tech is just garbage now.. nothing but little girls and boys on here.. nobody cares about a 280 ..or a camaro for that matter..
oh..btw.. hows it feel to know that your "dream car" to mean is something that I just screw off with just because i can...haha Your just a little kid.. and its very amusing to me..

"A white TT C5Z or FRC is my dream car. That would nice to have in the garage one day."

Quick Reply: Good paint/body shop in Houston