San antonio raceway closed!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was that recently? I would love the see that post myself. As far as we know its still belongs to the doctor, which took it because of the lien he had on it. And we haven't heard anything different.

Also Dragzine has this article.
http://www.dragzine.com/news/san-ant...o-gain-bidder/

I know that Todd and a friend were at the track the weekend before the auction and took absolutely everything they could that wasn't bolted down. Timing system, tractors and everything in the shop. Todd also told us he was going to try and sell the grandstands since they belong to him and Freddy didn't buy the stands as part of the original deal.

Last edited by Taxman20; 03-22-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And here is more info on it from fellow racers.
http://www.nitromater.com/threads/sa...d.37203/page-2

I read that the feds made them take the equipment back. I didn't know that part yet. LOL. Freddy still owed Todd about 1 million. So Todd was trying to recoup for some of the loss.

I would LOVE for IRHA to get it, but they better do it fast due to the 6 month rule in the county contract. They are running out of time fast.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taxman20
Was that recently? I would love the see that post myself. As far as we know its still belongs to the doctor, which took it because of the lien he had on it. And we haven't heard anything different.

Also Dragzine has this article.
http://www.dragzine.com/news/san-ant...o-gain-bidder/

I know that Todd and a friend were at the track the weekend before the auction and took absolutely everything they could that wasn't bolted down. Timing system, tractors and everything in the shop. Todd also told us he was going to try and sell the grandstands since they belong to him and Freddy didn't buy the stands as part of the original deal.
All this time I heard it was a doctor in Houston until now. And too bad the IHRA backed off after their first offer was declined. Who would turn dow $4mil when you owe millions in debt?
Old 03-24-2015, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good, but not a great track.

I remember running mid 8's in the 1/8 mile half a lifetime ago trying to keep Navasota Raceway open when I lived in College Station for a year. We would clear the track days before, fix what we could on that sound reduction/billboard back fence, run the timing equipment, water boxes, etc.

It's just another one to bite the dust. I think I only made 50 passes or so over the years at SAR, but it was an ok track. It's crazy to think that ATX/SA area no longer has a decent 1/4 track in the heart of Texas.

Quick Reply: San antonio raceway closed!!!!!!!