almost got caught "street racing"

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or like those.carsr with blue running or red running lights. i once put a set of strobes in my 1G eclipse when i was 1 and i thought that cop was gonna me to Russian prison. he was pissed bc i was speeding up behind people flashing red and blue. didnt get a ticket but caught a verbal bestdown.. nowadays people would consider that abuse of power or whatever but it was a welcome advice which dixnt result in a ticket.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:46 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll take an *** chewing any day. I've had a couple.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one of them exhibition of acceleration tickets one time. I couldn't argue with the cop I was damn near sideways in third gear smoking the tires lol. Oh to be young and dumb and full of well you know the rest
Old 04-28-2015, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
You one of those sovereign citizens.
Funniest part about media using that term, is it's an oxymoron.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
I got one of them exhibition of acceleration tickets one time. I couldn't argue with the cop I was damn near sideways in third gear smoking the tires lol. Oh to be young and dumb and full of well you know the rest

Energy. That was the word you were looking for....
Old 04-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
Lol, I had a close call once. I was leaving work and had parked out in front of my building, which is in downtown Dallas. Buddy inside calls me and says that he's watching me on the security camera and to do a burn out. So, being young and dumb I did, about 30 seconds long and then just let off the brake and spun'em to the stop light. Turns out there were two cops on the street ahead and blocked from view by the building. One hits his siren for a sec and I just pulled right over and shut it off. I was also pretty pissed because my buddy said all streets were clear, he checked with cameras mounted 6 floors up. No denying either as there has a damn cloud all down the street behind me.

Then, surprisingly they just went on their way. I was pretty shocked.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

I almost got it bad one time in Louisville, Kentucky (stationed at Ft Knox). A friend had let me drive his car (98 Z28... this was in 99) and we lined up against a pretty healthy sounding LT1 TA at a light. We both hit it on the green and took off (we didnt see the cop in a McDonalds parking lot across the way), there was a friend of ours in a yellow 5.0 notch behind, he saw the cop haul *** out of the McDonalds parking lot and immediately did a u-turn. We get pulled over (I won) and the cop checks our records and then lets us go in what has to be the greatest blessing ever. He says, "It wouldnt be fair for me to give you 2 tickets and let your buddy in the Mustang get away. Also, I dont want to break your heart but that TA has a 383 in it."

To which my friend replies, "Well I dont want to break his heart, but this thing is stock and we just whooped his ***!!!" We talk cars for a minute and the cops lets us go.

As we are getting ready to pull away, the yellow Mustang reappears (with the owner of the Z28 that I am driving in tow) and the guy in the TA rats him out... "Theres the yellow Mustang coming up now!!! The cop jumps in his car, hits his lights and pulls the Mustang over. He gets out, walks up to my friend and says "That was a real bitch move by that other guy to rat you out.... So whatcha got in this thing?" They talk cars for about 15 minutes and then he went on his merry way. It was also the last time that we saw that TA out in the usual spot.

Quick Reply: almost got caught "street racing"