Originally Posted by JoshD
You must have a wide-screen television.
LMAO...

Old 05-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
LMAO...

Attached Thumbnails Street outlaws!!!-did-you-hear-zipper-no-then-why-your-mouth-open-27cf2.png  
Old 05-29-2015, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JoshD
LOL...if *** were concrete the Kardashians could repave the 405....
Old 05-29-2015, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
LOL...if *** were concrete the Kardashians could repave the 405....
Old 05-29-2015, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I must admit, I would donate. Haha
Old 05-29-2015, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by codyvette
I must admit, I would donate. Haha
Werd! Haha
Old 06-01-2015, 10:47 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As has been stated ad nauseum those guys drive race cars on the street. That is their "gimmick". That and the fact they have spent a lot of time sorting out traction control.

I do sort of find it funny they get all upset about people putting down $20 worth of VHT, and make a huge deal out of prepping the street when they spend $12K on a traction control box. I also laugh that they will do a burnout in VHT, but make a huge deal out of how far out someone sprays the VHT in front of a car. Again, they skew the rules to their advantage. But, thats their gimmick.

If they really want to "street race", then if you don't want someone with no/limited electronics in their car to prep the street chemically with VHT to gain mechanical traction, then turn off things like your slew rate rev limiter and all the other traction control features in your (computer, 7531 box, or your Davis traction control) to gain the same advantage electronically.

I think one of the things that has worked against Houston is that in the "old days" if you wanted to race, you almost had to go out and street race. These days there are tracks all over Houston and its safer/more convenient to just go out to the track. Its not that street racing doesn't happen, but I don't think its like it was in the late 80's early 90's. So, there are guys who have been just as fast as the OKC guys in Houston for 20 years. The real question is can they run without spinning on the street like the OKC guys can, and do they really want to race on the street any more.

So, the guys from OKC are fast. Lets be honest, a 6 second car on the street is fast. Especially if you can get it to run straight on tractional control, VHT, or whatever. If I think back to the 90's I remember Village Racing and the Ghetto Boys getting a big race together that was supposed to happen on the street, back when we ran at Spikewood, etc... and ended up going down at HRP instead. The Ghetto boys Camaro went through the lights backwards (and lost) and was in the 6.90's. @ 180+. That was a old ProStock Camaro with all the weight they could get out of the car and a 632 and a ton of dope.

So, instead of saying they are "the fast street racers in the world" as they like to claim what would more appropriate is they are "The Fastest Race Cars run on the street with tractional Control enabled, and abiding by their specific rules against tractional control applied to the road".
Old 06-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by J-Rod
back when we ran at Spikewood
That brought back some memories.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-Rod
As has been stated ad nauseum those guys drive race cars on the street. That is their "gimmick". That and the fact they have spent a lot of time sorting out traction control.

I do sort of find it funny they get all upset about people putting down $20 worth of VHT, and make a huge deal out of prepping the street when they spend $12K on a traction control box. I also laugh that they will do a burnout in VHT, but make a huge deal out of how far out someone sprays the VHT in front of a car. Again, they skew the rules to their advantage. But, thats their gimmick.

If they really want to "street race", then if you don't want someone with no/limited electronics in their car to prep the street chemically with VHT to gain mechanical traction, then turn off things like your slew rate rev limiter and all the other traction control features in your (computer, 7531 box, or your Davis traction control) to gain the same advantage electronically.

I think one of the things that has worked against Houston is that in the "old days" if you wanted to race, you almost had to go out and street race. These days there are tracks all over Houston and its safer/more convenient to just go out to the track. Its not that street racing doesn't happen, but I don't think its like it was in the late 80's early 90's. So, there are guys who have been just as fast as the OKC guys in Houston for 20 years. The real question is can they run without spinning on the street like the OKC guys can, and do they really want to race on the street any more.

So, the guys from OKC are fast. Lets be honest, a 6 second car on the street is fast. Especially if you can get it to run straight on tractional control, VHT, or whatever. If I think back to the 90's I remember Village Racing and the Ghetto Boys getting a big race together that was supposed to happen on the street, back when we ran at Spikewood, etc... and ended up going down at HRP instead. The Ghetto boys Camaro went through the lights backwards (and lost) and was in the 6.90's. @ 180+. That was a old ProStock Camaro with all the weight they could get out of the car and a 632 and a ton of dope.

So, instead of saying they are "the fast street racers in the world" as they like to claim what would more appropriate is they are "The Fastest Race Cars run on the street with tractional Control enabled, and abiding by their specific rules against tractional control applied to the road".
I have personally seen a few of these cars run down the street a few time, and I can tell you they haul ***. how they get it down the street, does it really matter? They found a combo that works and they stick to it. I would do the same if i had the bank roll they have. Rules and stipulations should be set before the race on a race by race basis, thats just my opinion. me personally, i will do me, you do you, lets run heads up. if you/i jump, what ever stay at the starting line and line em up again, but if you chase then its a race. like i said this is just my opinion, i guess im old school when it comes to street racing
Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Chase is a race is a rule that I know many from outside of Houston have never heard of.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

If I am racing and a guy jumps and I leave on the light he loses in my eyes. I hate the guys tactic that intentionally jump so you chase. Now if I am just sleeping on the line well then obviously I lost.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Red Light

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
If I am racing and a guy jumps and I leave on the light he loses in my eyes. I hate the guys tactic that intentionally jump so you chase. Now if I am just sleeping on the line well then obviously I lost.
That's the truth right there.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Ditto
Old 06-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Chase is a race is a rule that I know many from outside of Houston have never heard of.
It was a stip in Detroit, back in the 90s when I was racing up there.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58 PM
In-Zane Moderator

I used to always make sure when I used to run in the street, that the rule was not counted for me. Because I'm not watching the other car, I'm watching the flagger. Never had that problem because the couple that did take the hit, I still came around them.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:55 PM
9 Second Club

this was me chasing a camaro. he jumped big time bout 5 cars before i left on the flagger. i wish there was a video at the start. this was an epic race.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:16 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Racing a land tank with IRS. Would have been wrong not to. Lol
Old 07-14-2015, 05:51 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Kye Kelley got his *** drug by a local Houston guy.

That was Saturday night.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually, that looks like a car from Angleton.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Kye Kelley got his *** drug by a local Houston guy.

Kye Kelly vs David Bird Jones - YouTube

That was Saturday night.
Dallas car not Houston..

Quick Reply: Street outlaws!!!