Street outlaws!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:54 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Shows what I know, he is down here so much that I thought he was local. Lol. Might as well move down here.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edub80
Dallas car not Houston..
yup this is the truth, thats me on the left in the vid
Old 07-15-2015, 04:38 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Been told kye was on motor from the bullet. Not sure how true it is or if both were on motor or what.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

birdman drug kye kelley last week as well.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:08 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by v8sten
I have personally seen a few of these cars run down the street a few time, and I can tell you they haul ***. how they get it down the street, does it really matter? They found a combo that works and they stick to it. I would do the same if i had the bank roll they have. Rules and stipulations should be set before the race on a race by race basis, thats just my opinion. me personally, i will do me, you do you, lets run heads up. if you/i jump, what ever stay at the starting line and line em up again, but if you chase then its a race. like i said this is just my opinion, i guess im old school when it comes to street racing
No argument that they are fast, but that is not the same logic used on the show. If that was the case, then they wouldn't have such and issue with putting VHT down. If they want to run a $12K Davis traction control, and whoever they race wants to use $100 worth of VHT then run your race. They have a gimmick which works for them, and when someone else wants to use something else, they have an issue. I understand its a hustle, and its part of the show. I grew up street racing in Houston and am very aware of "a chase is a race..."
Old 07-27-2015, 11:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Been told kye was on motor from the bullet. Not sure how true it is or if both were on motor or what.
kye was on motor in that video. his nitrous had an issue, no candles were lit and it sounded lazy, on the way back he hit it again and the candles lit that time. IDK what happened but they will line it up again prolly at Dig Night this weekend.

David Bird Jones was spraying, candles were lit
Old 07-29-2015, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

You know I watch the show. and it's awesome that there's even a show about street racing. but what pisses me of is all these out of town guys that get on the show. well most of them get on there and talk all this **** about how there gonna drag there *** and they ain't ****. and that there the fastest then they line em up. and either 1.they smoke the **** out the tires and go no where or 2. Oh no they forgot to turn on the nitrous or 3. Just look like they've never drove the car in there life so my question is is all that part of the show. and yes I understand most of them are track racers and it's a whole new game doing it on the streets. but still it's like every time it's the same thing. the only one well there's been a few but kye kelly that guy figured it.out or at least it seems that way on the show
Old 07-29-2015, 03:38 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Man, there have been enough Texas guys on the show to make us look like retards. **** is sad. I just wish they would keep Texas out of their mouth. Even boosted GT has had so many botched passes that he was lucky to win it is crazy.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Chase is a race works in 1/4 mile races but IMO BS in the 1/8th. If the cars are fast you do not have time to catch em usually in the 1/8th. 70s-80s-90s we always raced 1/4 mile but I understand why we race 1/8th now. Cars are alot faster these days.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Daddy Dave rolled his car last night at our local track. Video is in my post of Hyundai vs GTO in SRK
Attached Thumbnails Street outlaws!!!-fb_img_1438517679556.jpg  
Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Azn & Farmtrucks facebook page.

Facebook Post

I do like the guys and cars on this show, you cant deny they are fast as ****. I hope dave is ok and hope to see him back soon.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/02/street...injured-video/

That's a better video
Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Taxman20
That was just the video my buddy uploaded last night. That's the one he shot I posted
Old 08-02-2015, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Rust was a seriously violent roll. I **** my pants watching it. From the content of the threads, he seems to be O.k. though beat up. Let this be a CHEAP reminder of how dangerous this addiction can get in the wrong circumstances. Good luck to the Dave and family.

Last edited by codyvette; 08-02-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

Yea sounds like he is ok. Pretty sad the seat and belts poped lose. He needed to use bigger mount tabs so he could get a better weld on it.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:47 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave got out of the groove and stayed with it. Understandably, its a no-prep grudge race. Apparently even a $12K traction control box have their limits.

What is more concerning is the failure of all the safety equipment in the car. I've only seen the Big Rob video. From that a few things concerned me.

A nitrous bottle should not come loose in a car, period. One of the guys I grew up with had a bottle hit him in the back of the head when he drove into a ditch in a fairly low speed accident. Valve hit him squarely in the back of the head, and he died a few weeks later from the brain damage. Dave is very lucky to still be breathing at this point.

The other part was the after accident video of the seat torn loose and the mounting tabs for the belts torn loose. I think you could make an argument that a stock seat and seat belt might have survived that crash better than the safety equipment in that car.

Just the quick image of the belt look like not only was the tab too small, but also may have been a cold weld joint with insufficient penetration. It looks like the roll cage itself did its job, but everything else failed.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Dave got out of the groove and stayed with it. Understandably, its a no-prep grudge race. Apparently even a $12K traction control box have their limits.

What is more concerning is the failure of all the safety equipment in the car. I've only seen the Big Rob video. From that a few things concerned me.

A nitrous bottle should not come loose in a car, period. One of the guys I grew up with had a bottle hit him in the back of the head when he drove into a ditch in a fairly low speed accident. Valve hit him squarely in the back of the head, and he died a few weeks later from the brain damage. Dave is very lucky to still be breathing at this point.

The other part was the after accident video of the seat torn loose and the mounting tabs for the belts torn loose. I think you could make an argument that a stock seat and seat belt might have survived that crash better than the safety equipment in that car.

Just the quick image of the belt look like not only was the tab too small, but also may have been a cold weld joint with insufficient penetration. It looks like the roll cage itself did its job, but everything else failed.
Concur 100% but IMHO that was a violent roll, still you would hope those items did their job. Glad he is ok, Chuck posted a pic of him in the hospital smiling and giving the hang loose sign.

posted on his FB page
***UPDATE***
Scan came back good. He has a serious concussion, a bruised lung, and plenty of bumps and bruises. Still doesn't remember anything that happened. He is finally resting in his own room for at least the next 24 hours. We cannot thank everyone enough for the thoughts and prayers! I am thankful to have my husband alive! I'm sure he will be back, just need time to heal and go from there! ~Cassi
Old 08-03-2015, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, it was pretty bad to see the seat and belt tab broken loose. That's some crap welding, period. And the tab was too small in the first place. He is supposed to be smarter than that.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-Rod
So, instead of saying they are "the fast street racers in the world" as they like to claim what would more appropriate is they are "The Fastest Race Cars run on the street with tractional Control enabled, and abiding by their specific rules against tractional control applied to the road".
My take on it all is they probably got tired of getting their asses handed to them at the track (in the classes they should run) so they threw their TRACK cars on the street, made up their own rules, and proclaimed themselves the fast street cars in the US. Not to take anything away from them, they got a good handle on their little "game".
Old 08-16-2015, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Actually Dave did very well in IHRA Top Sportsman running the truck. So he didn't leave because of lack of winning, most likely lack of cash payout. You can make more grudge racing than at any event.

Quick Reply: Street outlaws!!!