C7Z06 VS Viper SRT/GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7Z06 VS Viper SRT/GTS?

I've been looking at both vehicles,I'm gonna test drive them in the next couple of days just curious what you guy's opinion is on these vehicles. It will not be a track car just a weekend cruiser car & coffee kinda thing,and yes I know they are street legal race cars. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, all performance aside I think I would go for the Viper just because you don't see as many around. Either is going to be a freaking blast.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think when you drive them you'll get your answer. I have never been in a Viper but from speaking with folks that have they're made for one thing; to go fast in a straight line! I've heard from more than one person that they're hot, loud, not terribly comfortable and don't handle as well as expected. Again, just things I've heard.

My wife and I went to a car show last year with our C5 sponsored by a local Viper club. There must have been 50+ Vipers there. After spending all day looking at them ... and they're an impressive machine ... just not my thing. I don't care for the lines.

And did you know? The largest Viper collection in the WORLD is located in a tiny, tiny town in East Texas. At last count I think they had 90 or so. We had a chance to tour their collection last year when they opened up their garage doors to the public and it was an amazing, almost speechless, thing to see.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Launching!

c7 z06 if it's a weekend cruiser. If you wanted a track car I'd vote for the Viper.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The Viper, if anything for the "wow" factor. The issues with them being hot were from models 10+ years ago with a less-than-ideal exhaust routing from my understanding, not apparently an issue anymore. They perform exceptionally well at tracks that are not just drag strips, they are not just for straight line performance. They handle very well, the new models are definitely no exception. The unique-ness of Vipers is not to be underestimated as well, you can go months without seeing one on the road, you can see C7's just about any given day. Z06s less so, but still much more frequently than Vipers.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SnIpEz
The Viper, if anything for the "wow" factor. The unique-ness of Vipers is not to be underestimated as well, you can go months without seeing one on the road, you can see C7's just about any given day. Z06s less so, but still much more frequently than Vipers.
This is what I've been hearing when I ask folks that I know,Thanks for the input guy's.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I personally do not like the way vipers sound. Maybe its because of the side exit exhaust and only hearing 5 cylinders from each side of the car or something. I personally don't like it. The other thing is cost of modding. Corvettes are more expensive than f-body's but wait till you start pricing viper parts. They are crazy.

Quick Reply: C7Z06 VS Viper SRT/GTS?