Rivet Gun/Tool for beer/food?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rivet Gun/Tool for beer/food?

Hey there buds, anyone have a Rivet Gun/Tool that I could borrow for a few minutes to install some M5 Rivets? Looking to install my overfenders in the near future and do not have the proper tool. Already checked out the local stores and everything is $80+ and special order. Not really in the mood to spend that much on a tool that I will use once. The ones that are currently available are not compatible with the M5 size Rivet including the ones at Harbor Freight.

If someone is within 30 mins or so of Austin I would like to trade beer/food for the use of your Rivet Gun/Tool. I have about 20 rivets and 2 fenders to install so it shouldnt take me any more than 25 mins to install them.

Much appreciated brothers...if anyone can help out shoot me a PM. Cheers!
Old 03-16-2017, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Can you rent one? Looks like the ones for metric may be tough to find. Can you use a standard size? http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-d...tle-66422.html
Old 03-17-2017, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far i have tried 3 different standard sized tools and the Metric Insert does not work. If someone has any experience please feel free to share as i am a complete noob to this.

Quick Reply: Rivet Gun/Tool for beer/food?