Help a member out.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a member out.

Well, as this storm moves closer and closer to the coastline of TX I am becoming more and more alarmed. I have a great uncle that lives right on the water just east of Houston. We have called him (my dad, and my aunt) and he will not budge. I've tried calling all the law enforcement officers to go and try and talk sense into this 88 year old, deaf, Navy Veteran. I keep getting the run around with all the local Police. Houston police department gives me the number to the Harris county sheriff’s office, they give me the number to Houston PD. It's ******* sickening to me that this storm is very likely going to take one of my childhood hero's and a great friend. I wonder if anyone here can maybe get him to a shelter if we can talk him into going. I'm not going to ask anyone to bring them into their house but maybe just someone to pick him up and take him to a shelter if we talk him into it. He is dead set at this point in staying there. "I've lived her for 30 years and I'm still living, I see no reason to start running now". The lady that was staying with him to take care of him left him there by himself yesterday. I'd drive there if I could. At this point we would just cause more danger to the family driving 15 hours to get there only to get right in the way of the storm and stuck in traffic. His immediate family has disowned him. His kids could care less if he lives or dies and I just find it sickening. :cussing: If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

This is where he lives. I know the storm looks to move to the northeast of his house but so close to the water and from what I measured only 44 miles from the coast of a cat 4 hurricane the wind could literally rip his house apart.

Maybe some of you guys might live close to him. Maybe even know right where he lives and could just check on him.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:20 PM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

wish i could help you out man, i'm all about that, but, not only for me, but for a lot of people, its very unrealistic for us to drive anywhere. to drive 15 miles, it will take 3 hours. and the way that gas is, etc driving even for 1 hour doesn't look too good. on a side note, the way the storm is moving, it seems that we won't be hit that bad right? maybe strong winds and rain?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

too bad i didnt know yesterday, me and my dad could have gotten him out, good luck to the both of you!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned

good luck man, i'll be praying for your family and your great uncle.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

holy **** your great uncle is nuts he's going to be first to hit last to see the storm go
Old 09-23-2005, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Well, I'm watching it jog north, but not far enough to completely quit thinking bad things. And I don't expect anyone to drive across Houston to check on him. I was kinda hoping maybe someone lived right down the road from him. It was a shoot in the dark but I had to try.