For those who saw me race tonight or curious to know the results come in...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 12:47 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default For those who saw me race tonight or curious to know the results come in...

Well, I'll start off with the good news...I got a new best 60 ft., new best 1/8th, and a new best 1/8 mph.

Bad news, couldn't make it to the end of the track because I THINK its a PCM issue. I have a 7200 rpm rev limiter, but it was hittin the limiter at 6500 rpms. So therefore, I was unable to spin my motor as high as I needed it, then my shift light is set at 6800 so that by the time I react and actually shift, it'll be around 7000 rpms, so it wasn't coming on since my motor wouldn't spin past 6500, so I had to hit the limiter a few times before I got to shift. So I'm losing 500-600 rpms in each gear which makes me think that's the reason why I can't make it to the end of the track. I have plenty of tire for the 4.56 gear. My recent best 60 ft. with the old setup with much better air was a 1.46. With not as good of air, decent track prep, I managed a 1.43 which felt DAMN good. Now on the 1/8 I picked up a couple of tenths and thats with hitting the limiter 2-3 times before I shifted into 2nd with me not being able to shift as high as I need to which is really surprising. I know the car has 6.6s in it. I'm gonna try to fix the problem tomorrow and hopefully be out there tomorrow evening.

Those who saw me race, the 1st 2 passes which this was my first time out with the new setup...we'll leaving off the transbrake with the pedal to the floor, its bit of a hard hit, so I had my shifter fully gripped with my button being on the top of the shifter, leaving the line threw myself back and made me shift into 2nd off the line. Then of course you hearing me bang the damn limiter for the 2-3 is due to the computer I believe. I'm gonna have it checked out tomorrow and hopefully find the problem.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:52 AM
9 Second Club NA

By the way, just checked the density altitude and it was +579 as of 12:50. Not sure what it was a few hours ago, but I'd imagine pretty close. So once I get this issue sorted out and that better weather comes around, this car is gonna fly.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well get er fixed and head out to the track again.... Believe me and SsilverSsurfer are gonna head up there on Sunday.... He's getting a lil can put in at a shop, and getting it tuned....
Old 10-08-2005, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

well at least u made it to the track I'm still with a bad kneebut soon I'll be there
Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club NA

Good news! Took it to G-Force today and had them pull that SES code and it was the vehicle speed sensor which threw my computer into a limp mode which cut the limiter to 6400 rpms. I must of tripped the computer out when I took it for a test run out in the back roads. At that time, I didn't have the sensor plugged in. I don't have the modified tailhousing, so I plugged the vehicle speed sensor into the wheel speed sensor, then had Mike change the gear ratio to 2.76 and put the tire height for 26". Those are the inputs you need when you plug the VSS into the WSS for it to work properly and accurately. (Got that info in the automatic transmission section) Anyhow, everything is good to go and we'll be out tonight. I also had them raise the limiter to 7500 rpms.

THANKS again G-Force. Mike & Ben are the shiznit!
Old 10-08-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

We'll be out there again tonight now that Jeramy's problems are fixed!!!!