Trip to Temple anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip to Temple anyone?

So I am taking a trip with the TAMU sports car club to Temple Academy Raceway. I know its not HRP or even a super decent track, but its 1/4 mile its open on the day we have free, and its not on the other side of Houston (not that it would stop me, just not this semester). I have all the info over on the TAMSCC forum, but for the lazy here are the cliffnotes:

leaving CS at 5pm Oct 21 (friday).
congregating in the Zachary Parking lot ( Lot 51 to be exact) before hand.
They are going to let me run a bracket, but it is limited to 32, I will give priority to Club members, but I doubt that will be a problem.

Any questions just PM me on either site.

TAMSCC Forum
Its free to sign up if you guys want to. You don't need to be a member or a student.

Josh
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Plenty of people are boycotting that track. The old owner who ive heard nothing but horrible things about took the track back over about a month ago. Be prepared for horrible track prep and the possibility of Test and Tune being cancelled after you get there.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yup.

TAD sucks on Friday nights. Be warned.

It was OK on Saturdays. But I'll never go on a Friday again. Sorry for the negative feedback. Next time think about scheduling a Saturday event. They'd probably be able to accomodate.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TAD wasn't my first choice, but this is one of the few days that was free in our club calender. I would prefer to go to Pine Valley, but for some reason they canceled Test and Tune friday the 21st. Oh well, I will roll the dice on TAD and see if it pans out. Next semester look for HRP, Ennis, Pinevalley, and maybe Sealy.

Josh
Old 10-19-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I might ride along with someone, but I dont feel like going upthere to snap axles.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I went to TAD with Grant, Todd and Glen a couple weeks ago. There was no track prep and zero hookage. Glen wouldn't even consider spraying, it sucked that bad. Very crappy track, a 1/4 mile version of the nasty and even the nasty hooked better.

Mike
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

TAD *can* hook - I've pulled high 1.4x 60' there. But it's always been on Saturdays. They do no track prep on Friday night (at least when Linda ran the track; supposedly it was better under Greg, but now Linda has the track again), it's just a night where the 'younger crowd' can go out and run their cars. Saturdays, especially when the bigger tire cars are racing, they did prep.

Now, I do not know how the current owner is treating the track, whether she is prepping properly on Saturdays or not (I've not been there since she took back over). I know that Greg (who had been running the track for about the last year, up until about 6 weeks ago) had been busting his *** to get the track in better condition than it was (it was really starting to show its age), but now that the old/previous owner has taken it back, who knows what she's going to allow for upgrades, maintenance, and general track prep. I do wish Greg could have kept going with the track, but sadly, he wasn't making any money with it.