Knock sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor?

My TA has been acting weird this week, the engine codes gave me something about the knock sensor. Does anyone know how the car is supose to act like when you need to replace them? Im just hoping is not another problem to come
Old 12-16-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAbeba
My TA has been acting weird this week, the engine codes gave me something about the knock sensor. Does anyone know how the car is supose to act like when you need to replace them? Im just hoping is not another problem to come

Don't know for sure how it will act, but the computer will pull a bunch of timing out....you'd maybe hear it pinging or something (almost like a chatter noise)

What's the code exactly?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i cant even remember now, but i know it said knock sensor, im going to be installing my new headers so ill will just replace them at the same time and see how it runs, but thanks for the help
Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i can't even remember now, but i know it said knock sensor, im going to be installing my new set of headers so ill will just replace them at the same time and see how it runs, but thanks for the help
Old 12-17-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just had to replace mine, it ended up being the grommets on the valley cover that went out and leaked oil onto the knock sensor causing the code. My car was running sluggishly and I noticed a significant difference in how it ran after replacing them. Once you go through all of the trouble of pulling the intake manifold, I would go ahead and replace all of the seals on the valley cover and intake manifold, so that will save you the trouble of having to take it all apart again.