Sig change

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Sig change

Old:
Suspension: 1LE swaybars, Hotchkis Springs, KYB Shocks, Poly trans mount, BMR Bolt-in LCA brackets, UMI Subframe Connectors

New:
Suspension: 1LE swaybars, Hotchkis Springs, Koni SA shocks, Poly trans mount, BMR Bolt-in LCA brackets, UMI Subframe Connectors

Did a quick test drive and she is MUCH tighter now. I feel bumps once instead of 2-3 times.

For the record: I AM NEVER CHANGING FRONT SHOCKS OR SPRINGS AGAIN! At least, not without one of those big hydraulic spring compressors. I am BEAT!

-Mike
Old 01-29-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

congrats! i guess whenever i get another fbody i wont try to lower it myself? dont you have to get the shocks compressed onto the springs?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Other way around. You have to compress the springs far enough to get the top nut/mounting boot thing-a-mo-bob in place. Then you have to make sure you've got everything lined up right, then you get to uncompress the springs and (in my case) hammer the spring compressor blocks off the springs. When the spring is uncompressed, the blocks fit easily onto the coils and you can just slide them around as needed. Once it's mounted to the shock, it's under load, so they don't slide around any more and I had to use a hammer to "slide" them back around to where the coils are far enough apart to get the blocks off.

It's not that hard, just time consuming. Plus there's that whole "instant death" factor if one of the spring comrpessors decides to let go at the wrong moment...

If I ever have to mess with them again, I'm just taking it somewhere, or at least taking the shocks/springs somewhere to get them mounted. The back takes all of about 15 minutes. The front took me a few hours, most of which was futzing around with the spring compressors.

-Mike