Old 05-25-2006, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Skilling and Lay convicted

verdicts in, "guilty"
Old 05-25-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Based on the interviews with some of the jurors, it sounds like they actually had a group that was able to hear the facts presented to them, think rationally, then come up with the correct verdict. Of course, I'm a little biased.

I spent a lot of time on the 50th floor at 1400 Smith Street. I worked for Enron NetWorks, the IT arm of Enron North America. I was in charge of rolling out new computers to all the executives and their assitants. There are some people involved in this mess that I'm happy to see brought to justice, and others who I think are "falling on the sword" to make sure the right people get punished, and that's a shame.

Either way, it was almost five years ago. I have since found a good job, making a good salary, doing stuff I at least somewhat enjoy. While this offers a modicum of closure to that chapter in my life, I know that the likelihood of these guys actually doing real prison time is still very slim. The appeals process will begin now, as we all knew it would, and will likely last until Uncle Ken is dead.

I didn't lose any money on the Enron deal. I lost a job I really loved, working for a company I was very proud of. Enron taught me a lot. I discovered that hard work and intelligence could get you far, as long as the company was willing to take the chance on you. I learned that leadership isn't something that can be learned, and that respect is earned. After all the long days and hard work, I came to realize that "company loyalty" is something of a one-way street.

Trouble is, I was headed the wrong way.

On a moped.

And the execs had a Hummer.

-Mike
Old 05-25-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

**** those guys(for all the employees that got hosed). I hope they get every day of their sentence's. It just sux that they still have a butt load of cash to appeal the verdict for who knows how long,just a shame that these guys will remain free men while out on bail,enjoying their money.******* ******* Crooks!!!!!!