headlight motor anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headlight motor anyone?

does anyone have a headlight motor that they can sell? (driver side).. i just did the free fix since my headlight was making that awful sound when it came down.. but i think i waited to long b/c the sound stopped and then the headlight would not come up... still doing it after i swapped the gear around.. anyway any ideas would be apperciated.. thx Jesse... and its for a TA
Old 11-07-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Just get the brass gear instead of getting a motor. you use to be able to find those motors on ebay, but since the LS1 in discontinued, they're harder to find. I have two motors here for a LT1(whatever the years were for those cars...94-97?) but I'm saving them for when my motors mess up.

Believe it or not, but the 94-97 motors will work on a LS1. You just have to swap a part off you current one and put it on the other one. I believe you also have to buy the opposite side that you need( it's been a while since I bought those motors so my memory is a bit fuzzy). I learned that on this site when I accidently order them. It works..just not to sure about the opposite thing...like I said, it's been a while.

Anyway, I'm just rambbling, just get the brass gears and problem solved.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thebatman411
Just get the brass gear instead of getting a motor. you use to be able to find those motors on ebay, but since the LS1 in discontinued, they're harder to find. I have two motors here for a LT1(whatever the years were for those cars...94-97?) but I'm saving them for when my motors mess up.

Believe it or not, but the 94-97 motors will work on a LS1. You just have to swap a part off you current one and put it on the other one. I believe you also have to buy the opposite side that you need( it's been a while since I bought those motors so my memory is a bit fuzzy). I learned that on this site when I accidently order them. It works..just not to sure about the opposite thing...like I said, it's been a while.

Anyway, I'm just rambbling, just get the brass gears and problem solved.
so even though there is nothing happening when i turn my lights on and off its still the gear even though i already did the change the gear around trick?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
so even though there is nothing happening when i turn my lights on and off its still the gear even though i already did the change the gear around trick?
Yes, it very well can just be that you need the gear, the motors are pretty damn reliable, its that shitty nylon gear that jacks everything up and makes weird stuff happen. Start by getting the brass gears.

Heres a tip for ya too. Buy 4 very small C-Clamps from lowes or home depot and after you epoxy the case back together place 2 clamps on each motor case and install the motors with the clamps installed. This will ensure that the case holds together since it does get weaker from cracking it open in the first place. I am the only person I know that has done this and I havent had a single problem with the motors since.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

sweet thx for the intell guys.. next up would be were in the hell do i get this brass gear???
Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

search google for the site, i dont remember it.