S**T!!! No Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:29 PM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default S**T!!! No Oil Pressure

Did a WOT run today while doing some logging using HP Tuners and everything looked good and the car felt great. Got home and downloaded the info off the interface and packed my computer to head to my girls place. Well I cranked the car up and had no oil pressure. I killed the car after about 10 seconds of ideling and got out and checked the oil level. The oil level was fine so I cranked it up again and let it run for about 3 seconds and still no oil pressure. Got out the scanning equipment to scan the oil pressure and in the process I started it twice for about 5 seconds both times. On the last start the motor was diffrent. I`m not sure if it idled diffrent, but it sounded diffrent. No knocking or anything it just sounded diffrent. I killed the car right away so I hope I didn`t damage anything. I just finished the car last Wed. and was headed to the track Sun. to see what she would do, but I guess thats going to be put on hold. I even went out to buy some new Drag Radials this afternoon and no one had any Nittos in stock so I probably wouldn`t have gone to the track Sun. anyway. I just hope I didn`t **** up the motor. I just had a bad day.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:52 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well don't jump to conclusions just yet get a new sending unit and put a manual gauge on it to make sure before you tear into it if you really don't it is time to put a pump or somthing related O-ring etc... I got your message tonight I don't think you ran it long enough to hurt it if you did lose oil presure I know you use good oil etc... I have seen these things run for hours without oil at an idle with no sever damage. Good luck let me know if you need my help.
Jeff
Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Banned

Hope you didn't spin a bearing on that WOT run. Thats what mine did when I spun one-no oil pressure.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:15 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Jeff your just the person I wanted to hear from. I think I`ll actually get some sleep tonight now. I actually had to walk to the corner store tonight to get Antony a snack to eat since all of our Thanksgiving left overs are at Toni`s place. I felt like a homless person walking down the street LOL. I need to get me a new truck and make the Z28 a weekend car.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

told you it would be alright Al. glad we could talk!
Old 11-25-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

If you didnt drive it(load the engine) there is little to no chance you did any damage at all......
Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
told you it would be alright Al. glad we could talk!
Joe I felt alot better about the situation after talking with you tonight. Now that I`ve got facts from you and Jeff I fell that my motor is OK. Thanks again Joe. I`ll call you by next weekend for sure to give you a update.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:40 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
If you didnt drive it(load the engine) there is little to no chance you did any damage at all......
I hope so. I just hope that I had oil pressure while I was doing my WOT logging. The "check gauges" light is what made me check my gauges. I was about a half mile from my place after the WOT run.