Anybody in Houston to scan OBD1

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody in Houston to scan OBD1

I'm looking for anyone who can scan my son's 94 Z28 in the Spring/Klein area, SES light just turned on . Or can you tell me how to short pins on interface connector to read the flashes. Shop wants $80 to put on diag machine. I will take it in if we need to but I would rather put the money towards the parts to fix it. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

paper clip the a and b terminals. the engine light will flash once and pause, than twice and pause for a bit. that means "12" just means that you have a working ecu. than after a bit it will flash whatever code your problem is in the same sort of pattern but different flashes for different numbers so get a pen and paper to write down whatever all the codes may be than look the codes up online. fix the problem than reset your battery.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

You can take it to Autozone and they'll give you a little key to jumper the terminals if you don't like the paper clips (the key's a little easier than the paper clips, I always had the little paper clips that would sometimes slip off the terminals and I'd have to restart everything). Do what getdrugtoday said and you should be good. Here's a little write up for the codes: http://chevythunder.com/199295_lt1_trouble_codes.htm

Tom

Quick Reply: Anybody in Houston to scan OBD1