Tax Attorney Needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tax Attorney Needed!!!!

Basically I got shafted on my taxes. For the last couple of years I have been taking my taxes to a Lawyer in town that also did taxes. Well turns out they screwed a bunch of people including me and seven of my family members and 9 friends. They have coincidentely closed down and are no where to be found. I didn't find out that I owed until I got a letter from the irs instead of my refund. It said that my refunnd was forwarded to my balance. Until that letter I had no idea that I owed anything. A couple of family members, including my dad, have already been audited. Any advice on a lawyer will be greatly appreciated especially if you have had experience with them.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Forget the lawyer, hire a CPA, lawyers are weasels. Audit your own taxes from the last few years and find out where the problems started.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is there any way that I can sue the law firm that did my taxes. I gave them all my paperwork and they did it for me. I don't know a whole lot about taxes and I can partially blame myself for this happening. I was basically told that the law firm was being investigated by the IRS. Just wanted to check if anyone had any similar experiences or knew of anything I could do.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Higly doubtful that you can sue them because no matter who prepares your taxes for you, you are solely responsible for your tax returns. Are your returns complicated? What kind of exemptions do you claim? If theres not much that you claim it really is easy to go over it yourself.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Badass pool player

PM me - I've got a a tax consultant that can help. He knows the system well and helped me out tremendously with a similar problem that I had.