who can mockup/install motor plate in dfw?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who can mockup/install motor plate in dfw?

i'm talking you bring your welder to my place and do it here. preferably someone who has the block also. I could take it to the chassis shop that will be doing some work on it and have them do it but he wants ~$250 just to weld up the plates. Anyone have an idea?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

It is going to be a racecar, do not cheap yourself out on this ****... OR you can learn to weld yourself and then build it.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
i'm talking you bring your welder to my place and do it here. preferably someone who has the block also. I could take it to the chassis shop that will be doing some work on it and have them do it but he wants ~$250 just to weld up the plates. Anyone have an idea?
Just for an idea, traveling welders aren't. Most charge 50-75 service charge just for showing up. Then its billed out as an hourly rate on top of that.

Now, if you and your welding friend that will come over and do it bust open a few beers and get 'er done, it could be considerably cheaper then the 250.00 a shop wants to do it. Id be more then willing to spend the 250.00 since thats chump change to me and peace of mind in the same sense, knowing it was done correctly. You dont have to agree here. Just offering another perspective.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

$250 isn't that big of a deal either, However, if someone skilled and knowledgable can do it just as good for cheaper, why not? Mike, who would you reccomend locally to do it? James is going to do the mini-tub next month so maybe him?