Where to find nice Texas cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to find nice Texas cars (to buy)?

I'm headed back to your beautiful state on vacation at the end of the month. Flying into Houston. Wife and I will be bouncing around 4 about a week. I scored my Z28 last year via ebay from the houston area. I got a great price on a great car!

It seems clean rust free american muscle is plentiful and cheap in Texas. I would like to find a low dollar car to cruise while there. Hopefully one I can bring back here to the rust belt and make a few dollars on.

I want to keep investment low, but need it to make a 1500 mile drive home. I was leaning toward 3rd gens. Working AC is a must. V8 and manual trans are HUGE plusses.

Any ideas where to look (other than here or ebay)?
Any particular car suggestions?

As a side note, any must see experience things in east or central Texas?
I will be heading to San Antonio.

Thanks
-Shaun-

Last edited by subtlez28; 03-09-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Teching In

what are you and the wifey into...lots of places here in san antonio..the standard river walk downtown where all the tourist hit, the alamo of course, and a few other spots...austin is bout an hour away, 6th street famous for visitors and locals, and of course our capital. depends how long you in town for. if you want give me a ring when you get down here. could give you directions to the best bars.. Pm me if you want more info..

marco
Old 03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Marco,

We have friends in San Antonio. We hit the river walk and alamo last year (only from the outside, it was closed). We ate at this river walk resteraunt that made guacamole (SP?) right at the table....it was the best thing ever! Definatley going back there!

I love Texas! The people R friendly, food is GREAT, roads are smooth, cars are bitchin. Seriously considered a relocation after my last visit!

-Shaun-
Old 03-09-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

You should. I found my SS on LS1tech. So LS1tech FTMFW!1