Where to get a sunroof installed? Brand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where to get a sunroof installed? Brand?

I purchased my truck without a sunroof because I didn't like the way the factory one opened (at an angle/not fully open). However, I knew sometime down the road I was going to get one.

Now is the time. So I'm doing some research on another forum board, the one I get on for my truck, and I ran across Webasto several times. Those who were in the same boat as me, went with the Webasto and have nothing but good things to say about it.

So I go to Webasto's website to see what they offer. The Hollandia, which is the one they recommended, has some pretty nice features such as automatic close when you remove the key. Anyhow, so I call them up to get some more info. Well, they don't sell to the public and they told me up front that the dealers won't sell it to you outright. Mainly because its such in depth procedure, only trained and certified installers can install them. Plus you have to have some special tool to cut the roof and assortment of other tools. So installing the unit myself isn't an option. I was pretty disappointed about that because I prefer to do every thing myself.

Anyhow, so now I'm looking for a place to get one installed AND who sells these units. I found one place, Classic Soft Trim in Houston, which I was recommended to me by an individual and read a couple of locals who went there as well.

So I call them up, tell them this situation, and they said that they don't sell Webasto anymore, but that they had one unit left if I wanted it. They stated that they would hold it until I made up my mind. They now carry a brand called Inalfa, which is a brand that just recently switched to. They stated that GM used to use Webasto for their factory sunroofs, but switched over to the brand they now carry, Inalfa.

They quoted me $1300 + tax for the unit and installation. Is that a fair price?

Has anyone had experience with Classic Soft Trim?

Anyone have any recommendations for a place to install one of these?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you buy your winning lotto ticket from???

It seems like you're ALWAYS buying stuff
Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha, I wish. Tons more to do to the truck before I finally leave it alone. I need to sell the bike. In the next couple of years, I'll be in the market for another sports car. It'll be a street machine, either turbo or supercharged.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There used to be a place in Houston called Top King. A buddy of mine had a sunroof put in his mustang there and they did an excellent job. This has been years ago so I don't even know if they are still around, but if they are you might want to give them a call.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

There is some other huge truck accessory place on 59 south area, I think Bissonet. They do most of the dealership conversions on stuff like this and custom leather installs.

If you find a good place, post it up. If nobody buys my Dodge I might do a sunroof and leather too.

Quick Reply: Where to get a sunroof installed? Brand?