Who wants to come over and help me install my cam?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wants to come over and help me install my cam?

Well the shop, Drivetrain a.k.a Andersome Motor Supply out of lewisville, decided that he didnt have confidence on making his guys rush my cam install so he is just going to give me a new gasket set, timing chain, cam and lifters. So who wants to come over and help?

Story: Drivetrain rebuilt my LT1 and they said they'd have an LT4 hotcam isntalled when it would be finished. Well come fireing up time the car had no lope and i had no cam. So the end result was to setup an appointment and get the cam isntalled for free by them. So i called them LAST thuesday to have the cam ordered from GM. They called me last friday saying they got the cam in. So i set the appointment on monday to come and drop my car off. I call tuesday to see how things were going and they said they didnt get the correct cam till tuesday morning. I was frustrated but they said the car would be worked on first thing wednesday morning. I call wednesday evening to see how things are going and i get the story bout them having a car in the shop right now that is priority and they WILL definately start work on thursday morning. So again...i call thursday around 3pm to see how thing were going and they said that they hadnt started work because they believed that the entire motor has to come out. So he calls me this morning around 9 ( an hour later than when he was scheduled to call ) telling me that their guys say that motor HAS to come out. Well me being the knoledgable 18 year old i am. I say to them , " That motor dont have to come out, if you take out the radiator then the cam will slip right in no problems cause the car aint got a condensor." There is a pause and then im told that he doesnt want to force his guys to put a rush on something because they seem to think its a 8 hour job. So i told them to just give me the cam and ill isntall the dumb thing myself. So ima get a new gasket set, cam, lifters and timing chain. I'm not good at tightening down roller rockers and those stupid guides on shbox's site dont seem to work right.

So who's up for helpin? I live out here in frisco and it wouldnt be getting done till a week from now.