San Antonio-WS6-car accident 6/7

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Antonio-WS6-car accident 6/7

First,
thank you for all the responses on my request for shops that would install dual exhaust on my ChickenHAWK trans Am.

2nd,
I unfortunately have to report that at 6AM on HWY 90 by Cuples exit, this guy fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into my rear bumper passenger side qtr panel....luckily he didnt spin me out of control and I didnt get slammed by other cars...

I was rolling at 65 mph...just enjoying some coffee and planning my day at work in my head....out of no where a jolt shocked the **** out of me ....it took me about 5 seconds to realize what had just happened....it was night out still and I didnt see the guy coming from behind....we pulled over and his 2003 F150 got some damage, but my TA got the worst of it....he admitted he was falling asleep and he felt like crap once he realized the beautiful car he had just crippled..
we exchanged insurances, cops came and I went to see doctor.. I got a courtesy call and his insurance is claiming total loss....I say its bull **** and I'm getting my attorney involved....they keep wanting to take possesion of my veh...I FLAT out said NO!!!.... I know if they get it...I"ll never see it again...and all their going to do is fix it and resell it...so F them....I got a pitbull of an attorney and I know he will do me right. I'm not looking to screw anyone or any company out of any $... I just want a fair deal...a fair shake for a situation that I am the victim of......I did nothing wrong and now my body is getting more pain by the hour that passes and I feel that an insurance company is trying to screw me over an a prized toy like my 1997 WS6 Ram Air - 6 Speed Trans Am....only 2700+ were built and they are treating it like a freakn ford focus.....

I think what really pisses me off is because I dont see this as my car....it belongs to my 2 year old twin boys....I'm just borrowing it...and these jerks are trying to screw my boys out my dream car that belongs to them.

any advice is greatly appreciated if you have any....if its a long note you want to send me...go ahead and PM me....I promise to read it all of them....I will be in bed and on drugs for the next 3-4 days...

One depressed Scream'n Chicken owner...
Javier
Old 06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where are you located? If you are anywhere near houston, get that car over to Richey Collision ASAP! They will fight for you all the way & do a perfect job repairing your car. They helped me way more than they needed to!
-Chris
Old 06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

That sux bro. Hope you get it all straightened out and they dont total out your car.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Teching In

I'm in San antonio....car is at shop and they have taken care of me in the past....and they will not release the car until I tell them to...but I never will.

the damage is not that bad...I mean it is cosmetically, but the insurance company wants to total it because the car is 10 years old with over 100K miles, but I know, they know its a rare car and they want it for penny on the dollar so they can sell it and make their money back...F them.... my car will get fixed and the Bird will fly again.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Stay strong man, i'm really hoping that you prevail on this one. I'm so tired of hearing about people getting screwed because of insurance companies.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Don't EVEN bow down to them insurance folks!
A city bus hit mine a couple of years back, the city wanted to do the same thing and total mine out, my wife went on the warpath and got a lawyer and everything. When it was all said and done, it only took 2800.00 to fix the car (but we added another 2500.00 to the 2800 bill to make the car look perfect, and the city picked that part of the bill up, too). Don't let them try to screw you out of your 'pride-n-joy'.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Javier, I got to agree with Cooter and just think about it; you're minding your own business when all of a sudden their client hits you from the rear. Not only does the guy admit that he was falling asleep at the wheel but he hit you, so he's at fault. I hate to say it but not only would his insurance company be taking care of my car(I've seen pics of it and while not perfect it's clean) they would be wise to realise that the medical could be much more than what they are going to total your car at !! Stay strong and keep in contact with your lawyer; unfortunately it sounds like you are going to have to duke it out with them.