Fuel drain??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel drain??

Ok guys so im leaving work the other day and i stop for gas, now normally i do not fill my car all the way full but this time i figured what the hell........It drives home fine no problems, but i get up this yesterday morning and try to leave for work and the car will not start, and when i do get it started it will hardly idle, then if u put it in reverse or any gear it will die. So my question is there a place on these cars where u can drain the fuel tank?? Besides changing the filter is there anything else you guys could recomend???

Thanks Clint
Old 07-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

C'mon guys i know someone has had this issue before
Old 07-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Have you put a pressure gauge on it? It might be something else. I'm not up on LS1s, but on a lot of GM cars there's a fuel pump override that lets you turn the fuel pump on. It's like this one on an LT1 f-body:

http://shbox.com/1/fuel_pump_prime.jpg

You can give that connector 12v+, and it will run the pump. So, you can disconnect the fuel line at the filter or the fuel rail, turn on the pump, and pump it out. That's the easiest way I know of to empty a tank.

Do you think you got bad fuel, or the pump is bad, or what?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

I would be willing to bet the fuel just sucks, i have never had problems with my camaro, but u never know. I will try and pump the fuel out that way thank u for the help!