salvage/dealer liceonse

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default salvage/dealer liceonse

i hear that a dealer has to buy and sell cars they buy a limit of 5 per year...and you ahve to have a business ect....

ive got a friend that is actually using his friends "salvage" liceonse where you can buy cars that are wrecked out or flooded im guessing insurance totals....then you can do whatever with them like part out or fix and sell and theres less paperwork to it?

anyone have one on here and can give me the requirements? what do i need to do to get one ect?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel6718
i hear that a dealer has to buy and sell cars they buy a limit of 5 per year...and you ahve to have a business ect....

ive got a friend that is actually using his friends "salvage" liceonse where you can buy cars that are wrecked out or flooded im guessing insurance totals....then you can do whatever with them like part out or fix and sell and theres less paperwork to it?

anyone have one on here and can give me the requirements? what do i need to do to get one ect?
i know that manheim auction in dallas is one of the biggest and stictest auctions in dallas, but they have everything. a less strict auction is lewisville auto auction. there you can have a friend bid for you and then pay him cash for the car. some cars are salavaged title and fixable. me and my dad got a 850$ V6 bird that had no engine, put in a gen 3 3.8l in it for a 1k and now selling it.

but yeah, in lewisville to get a license you need a place of business, pictures of the inside of your place of business, a fire extinguisher, at least 2 chairs for customers, a picture of your lot, the picture of the business sign. and no clear city violations. IE, flags hanging too low, banners too high. etc etc. dont even get me started about getting a finance license. thats a bitch to get. 3 months to get, if not more.

hopefully this kinda helps. but im sure you need all of that to get a lisence period, even for salvaged vehicles,
Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn all that just to buy cars from an auction? i was hoping it was simple...
Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea they nixed having people just buy cars from auctions a couple of years ago. I went 3-4 years ago and anyone could just walk up to an auction in Dallas and buy a car for auction.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

for salvage dealer you dont need all that. Place of business... u can use a friends shop etc, DBA and thats it.

not much paper work also compared to a regular dealer license.

PM me if you need more details..
Old 01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Default more info

looking on getting more info on getting a salvaged dealers lis. Thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Skiller
for salvage dealer you dont need all that. Place of business... u can use a friends shop etc, DBA and thats it.

not much paper work also compared to a regular dealer license.

PM me if you need more details..
not sure if its more simple.. but good luck