Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions Wanted

Just want peoples opinion:
You buy a set of wheels from a memeber. You trade your wheels plus cash. the goods are located in another city, so you drive out there look them over and make the deal. When you mount the tires up you notice that the rims don't match. The two back rims are fine but the fronts are different sizes/backspace. Specifically, one front rim has a lip, the other one doesn't. You call dude and tell him and he says he's sorry, didn't know what's up etc. Says he's gonna make it right. Let's you know he found a perfect front set and he's gonna make it right. Supposed to meet up and do a trade out, but never can nail a time/location down. Finally says he can't trade them out but he is willing to sell me one wheel. I say no way, I bought a set (ad says 18 x 10.5 and 9.5, which they are not). Round and round so finally I say **** all this, give me my centercaps (which I didn't get but I forgot to give him 3 when I took my wheels up there) and 50 bucks and we will call it square. This pisses me off because I feel like I am getting screwed but I want this to be over with. I send the caps and now he says he never got them, wrong city right zip code, "your bad" which I take to mean I am screwed. No names here but what do you all think of this?
Old 02-16-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like you got a mismatched pair of rims pawned off on you.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it was a shoddy deal all the way around. I hope you didn't lose too much $. There's not a lot you can do since you looked em over and decided to buy them. If they don't balance, thats a different story all together and I'd be at his house till he gave me money or my traded wheels back.

Shitty deals happen sometimes and you just have to eat it. It sucks but that's the wayt it is sometimes
Old 02-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Banned

if you cant go up there and meet him to make him do the deal right...just write it off. Learn from it....it happens. I have had a shady deal happen to me in my time as well and I learned to always look over an item and look for the worst case in all situations. You will cover your own *** this way. A persons word means very little these days....sad I know but its reality.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

A buddy of mine bought a set of new after market Z06 wheels off of ebay and one of the wheels had a larger lip but not much and looked a little different than the others. He didn'y notice it until a year later. Maybe the the guy truly didn't notice one was different.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would put his name out there for every one. Hopefuly this won't happen to another member. I would agree with what others have said write it off,live and learn. Just do not make as easy for him to rip some one off next time.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

It can go both ways:

You saw them and picked them up, you should have been more vigilant;

or

the item was not as described and they should work with you(my view).

I am currently going through a similar situation. I trusted the seller in that the parts I bought were good, but when I got home and really got to inspecting them, found they were useless. The seller is working with me on it, but I still am not getting what I originally set out to buy.

Not much you can do if he is not willing to work with you; like said above, just learn from it. If you cant get your money back and he just says sorry, do everyone a favor and leave a negative feedback saying item was not as described.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'd be lookin to get my money back. what you bought and what you got are 2 different things. you should post his name up.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

i think the deal sounded a little shoddy to begin with. but it could have been his mistake on the otherside. if you lost a lot of money on this deal i would attempt to get your money back
Old 02-17-2008, 05:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In a court of law your case wouldn't stand a chance. You looked at the goods first hand before you purchased them. Caveat Emptor my friend.