Well judgement on ticket at Hooters meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well judgement on ticket at Hooters meet

For those of you who wanted to know that was at last Hooters meet in January, Yes I was the one who got singled out out of the 8 of us by the Phantom State Trooper. Went to court other day, judge went lenient on me dropped the fine down to $110 for a 90 in a 65. Bad news is they knew I have my CDL currently even though I did not have it at the time I got pulled over its going on my record. Lesson Well learned it could have been a lot worse. If I get another serious violation they are going to yank my CDL. The trooper was also lenient on me he knew exactly what we were doing and I probably was going lots faster than 90. Funny thing was he asked twice where I got my bottle filled? SO morale of story is even though there is nobody around on the highway and its late at night you have no idea who is watching or may just happen to merge over from another highway at the exact right time. You may not be as lucky as me and have to watch your car get towed.

Also that night I found out HB1815 concealed law really is true just make sure when they ask if you are traveling you say YES SIR.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:39 AM
10-Second Club

Glad to see you got off easy. I'm not familiar with the meet or what happened, but I know it's getting to where I don't think I'll be playing much at all on the streets....especially with other fast cars around. Being out of the car scene loop for a while, I missed some of the new laws they passed & just recently found out how bad they can break it off in your ***.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phantomLT1
Also that night I found out HB1815 concealed law really is true just make sure when they ask if you are traveling you say YES SIR.
Riscky there. That law makes it only legal to carry when not commiting a felony. Isn't street racing a felony now?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Riscky there. That law makes it only legal to carry when not commiting a felony. Isn't street racing a felony now?
Yes it is a felony but One of the first things I told him after telling him I just got on it showing off was there was a concealed loaded firearm in the glove box. He asked do you have a CHL? I said not yet, but I know that new law passed HB1815. He said are you traveling ? I said yes as a matter of fact I am I live in Johnson County. He then told me I am going to take this and run it and make sure its clean if it is I will let you go with a speeding ticket and, leave this car on the track!
My buddy Chris with the Sonic Blue 04 Cobra was riding with me he lurks around on here once in a while Iam sure he will be chiming in sometime.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

sounds like you got off lucky
Old 02-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Damn.. Atleast you got let off easy. It could have been alot worse if the cop wanted to be an ***. What exactly do you mean by "phantom state trooper"?
Old 02-21-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

couldnt see him proly
Old 02-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

I thought racing was a class B misdominor
Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000nbmZ
I thought racing was a class B misdominor

It was for me....
Old 02-21-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

evading is a felony, but i dont think racing is. never know though fing burecrats.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

Dam, yeah I was wondering what come of that ticket.
So you got off light, nice. I am kind of glad I went the wrong way on the highway or I might of been going in that same direction there with you guys.
LOL

Glad to see they did not yank cdl.
also good to hear about that law is good to go.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Isn't a felony if you're racing someone you know or it's premeditated, like you went to a street race and participated? But if you race a stranger on a lark it's a misdemeinor. I know when my GF got busted in Tomball for racing two Z28's in her Firehawk she got off with a warning because she was honest, didn't know the guys, and cute-lol. But the dummy that she just smoked was pulled over behind her and tried convincing the cops they were just friends and it was all in fun. They retained him after letting her go but I don't know how he ended up. She called me when pulling over and I told her don't tell them you know them or that you met to race whatever you do and she listened.

Vernon
Old 02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SSkillz
It was for me....
Me too. The prosecutor was asking for 90 days in jail for a first offense!!