EBAY/Pay-Pal guru's inside pleaseeeee!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EBAY/Pay-Pal guru's inside pleaseeeee!!

okay here is the rundown.

Won auction for a phone 215 dollars

Paid with pay pal

Seller has not claimed Pay pal payment (shows pending in my pay pal account)

Have contacted the seller many times through personal and thier ebay account email. NO RESPONSE in 5 days

Have went to ebay and pay pal help sections......and thus my question.

My pay pal account offers a cancel payment option, but doesnt really have anything about "cancel payment" anywhere on the damn site, User agreements, help ETC.

If i cancel my payment and the person fianlly decides to show up in the world will it come back that i have to pay for a item i did not recieve?????

Im not to concerned about negative feedback on my ebay account if this happens i just want to make sure if i click "cancel payment" that i am not going to lose my money.

BTW the user is not registered with paypal, so says pay pal.

Thanks to those still reading lol

And if you have decent knoweledge please give feedback.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

He doesn't need to be registered to receive money, only to send money. Maybe he is out of town? Give it a week or so, if he doesn't claim the money just cancel the transaction. You shouldn't lose anything if it is canceled and not claimed.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
He doesn't need to be registered to receive money, only to send money. Maybe he is out of town? Give it a week or so, if he doesn't claim the money just cancel the transaction. You shouldn't lose anything if it is canceled and not claimed.
Thanks for the input, i plan on giving it a few more days but i didnt know what kind of penalty i would incur by cancelling. Im really more worried about them claiming my payment and not recieving the item and having to go through the dispute process with Pay pal and EBAY
Old 02-28-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's more than likely "your method of payment" that's the hold up. If you pay with your debt card/bank credit card, it's the same as "mailing" a check to the seller. Meaning it's an e-check. Those take from 7-13 days to clear sometimes.

If you pay with a major credit card, then it's an instant cleared payment/charge.

So if you paid with your debt card, it's going to show the charge, with the money out of your account, and it's going to say "pending" on your pay pal.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ right on, also people selling on there are normal people too that have jobs and other **** to attend to so they arent always right there to answer questions, if he had a lot of good feedback before I wouldnt worry about it