U/D help with E.T. and install????'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U/D help with E.T. and install????'s

posted this in general section also

started a thread about whether or not an underdrive pulley is a good investment. now what i want to know is whether or not it has helped anyones E.T. I asked this question in my thread but no one addressed it. i would also like to know if anyone has had any trouble instaling theirs. B/c when i tried to put my on yesterday i used my 1/2 impact with a wobble and it failed to even budge the bolt holding the stock pulley. So would putting the car in gear and using a breaker bar do the trick?

CLIFFS: Does it help E.T.?
Will breaker bar be best way to take off?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:20 AM
10-Second Club

Hello, I'd like to be the first person to welcome you to ls1TECH.com, please refer to the TECHNICAL sections for your TECHNICAL questions.

is ur frand.

/end smart ***

Seriously, just go to the external engine section & search....the search button is like a sore dick, you can't beat it!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure about on LS1's but on my LT1 I use to have, I noticed a difference with the pulleys but make sure to get a good set that will keep your alternator charging correctly. As far as the bolt in the crank, it shouldnt be that tuff to get off, the pulley should be the hardest part.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

MODSQUAD: worked great! i just did the search as soon as i got to the home page of the site. not thinking to narrow my search down to just external. it worked alot better seing as how i wasnt having to filter through all the other b/s. thanks.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 AM
10-Second Club

No prob bro, I love being a smart ***, but at least I try to guide folks to the right place while doing it, lol. But if you don't find your answer there, PM me. Crank pullies can be a pain, but are pretty simple.