Houston Area shops... (Parts in my Garage)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Area shops... (Parts in my Garage)

I need some advice.
Here is what I have laying around for the past two months.
LT headers, ORY, Torque Converter,Tranny Cooler, Motor Mounts, Trans Mount, And I will need a tune.
I would love to do the work myself, but the truth is I'm never home.
I need to know if anyone knows a good shop in the HOUSTON area that can do this work?
Pay someone to do the job.
Any ideas how much this will cost for labor?
OR
Should I just wait and do the work myself when I get a chance.
Need Help..
Old 03-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Call David at MTI
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 AM
TECH Regular

Or Bryan at Pavlock Performance in Tomball.

Vernon
Old 03-06-2008, 07:45 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by Big_Time_SS
I need some advice.
Here is what I have laying around for the past two months.
LT headers, ORY, Torque Converter,Tranny Cooler, Motor Mounts, Trans Mount, And I will need a tune.
I would love to do the work myself, but the truth is I'm never home.
I need to know if anyone knows a good shop in the HOUSTON area that can do this work?
Pay someone to do the job.
Any ideas how much this will cost for labor?
OR
Should I just wait and do the work myself when I get a chance.
Need Help..
Give us a call.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:11 AM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Give us a call.
+1

Mike & Jay will take care of ya!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why were the 2 votes for Icon auto sports deleted? Mike did areal good job on my car. He had my car in and out quick.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Teching In

1 more vote for Mike at Icon.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

once again mike at icon. why did someone delete my post?Im guessing cause his not a sponsor!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by o2ws8
once again mike at icon. why did someone delete my post?Im guessing cause his not a sponsor!

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner
Old 03-06-2008, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

PM sent!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

+1 For G-Force
Old 03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Icon Autosports is good, so is everyone else. Your pick. Shop around. I know I found my oil pan at the Icon and pretty cheap, he is a good duy. My post my get erased too cause of what I just said but I have had G-Force do my computer on one of my other cars. So I have had good experience with all these guys. Just shop around and pick one.... Im not rich so I dont know about MTI?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 AM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
Im not rich so I dont know about MTI?
I'm a broke bitch myself & I used MTI, learn to negotiate Since they took down all the F-body stuff from their site, I don't know if I'll continue to use them though. I don't like having to call in to see if they can get parts, I'd rather just check the website then call David to order it or see if they have it in stock, but it seems they are starting to get too much into the Dodge thing for my taste & abandoning the GM roots. But again, GM only has the Vette out right now for the most part....I'm still a big fan of just doing about 99% of the work myself.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Modsquad
I'm a broke bitch myself & I used MTI, learn to negotiate Since they took down all the F-body stuff from their site, I don't know if I'll continue to use them though. I don't like having to call in to see if they can get parts, I'd rather just check the website then call David to order it or see if they have it in stock, but it seems they are starting to get too much into the Dodge thing for my taste & abandoning the GM roots. But again, GM only has the Vette out right now for the most part....I'm still a big fan of just doing about 99% of the work myself.

They probably know you by now. But when someone goes overe there for their first time and gets ignored, than you feel the same. I know how to negotiate, thats not a problem. How can you negotiate when no one wants to talk too you. Its all good though, David wasn't there cause I have bought parts from him before! Customer Service.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 AM
10-Second Club

I guess I never had that problem since I rolled up there with folks that have purchased 427's and other stuff. But hey, if they treat you like that, there are plenty of other shops in town that are willing to earn your business. You are the customer....on that same note, shops get busy & while one may be slammed, another one may not be....just because the don't initially jump thru hoops to come hold your hand doesn't mean they don't have good customer service in some cases. In order to offer the best prices, they have to keep over head low, and sometimes this means the staff gets stretched a little thin. So, with all this in mind, be a little reasonable if they seem busy....now if they are just sitting on their asses goofing off & ignoring you, that's totally different. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help, a lot of shops have people that just come hang out with other customers, so sometimes they can't distinguish customers from just people loitering around. Good communication works both ways.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Launching!

+ million for pavlocks
Old 03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Launching!

+1 on G-force they will take care of you
Old 03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Modsquad
I guess I never had that problem since I rolled up there with folks that have purchased 427's and other stuff. But hey, if they treat you like that, there are plenty of other shops in town that are willing to earn your business. You are the customer....on that same note, shops get busy & while one may be slammed, another one may not be....just because the don't initially jump thru hoops to come hold your hand doesn't mean they don't have good customer service in some cases. In order to offer the best prices, they have to keep over head low, and sometimes this means the staff gets stretched a little thin. So, with all this in mind, be a little reasonable if they seem busy....now if they are just sitting on their asses goofing off & ignoring you, that's totally different. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help, a lot of shops have people that just come hang out with other customers, so sometimes they can't distinguish customers from just people loitering around. Good communication works both ways.
Great post Marc.

Even when all I could afford was a lid about 8 years ago they treated me great. I never really dropped alot of coin until I got my 427 about 4 years ago, before and after that they treated me like a king. They take pride in their work and stand behind it.

I don't have any experience with any other local shops, but I do know the guys over at G-Force and I know they do great work as well.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by EDALVA21
They probably know you by now. But when someone goes overe there for their first time and gets ignored, than you feel the same. I know how to negotiate, thats not a problem. How can you negotiate when no one wants to talk too you. Its all good though, David wasn't there cause I have bought parts from him before! Customer Service.
Wow very interesting. I must say i have never spent big bucks there. Cus i dont have haha. But the lil stuff they do fo me, They have always treated me very well im sure they where just busy.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob's 02 SS
Wow very interesting. I must say i have never spent big bucks there. Cus i dont have haha. But the lil stuff they do fo me, They have always treated me very well im sure they where just busy.
Well we will say the guy sittin on the far right computer was busy. I didnt want this thread to be about me though. But G-Force was busy as well when I went and they treated me like one of their own showed me the Impy and a Black Vette that was dynoing that day. I forgot the plates on the vette. Plus they offered me a so it was all good. Very laid back guys that do awesome work. Lets move on from my post. Cause this thread is getting . I was just stating my visit. Not everyone else's. We all have opinions and communication would work if there was someone that paid attention to you, when your the only one in the damn thing.