Houston area header repair?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Houston area header repair?

I have a set LG Pro LT's on my vette. They came on the car and had been repaired once already. The mounting tabs down by the collector had cracked around the welds. Presumably from the headers being hit on the ground and putting pressure on the tabs. The "repair" welds are horrible. I'd say they were a complete beginner, but not blowing a hole in these thin tubing walls is pretty difficult in itself.

Anyway, I'm thinking no more mounting tabs on these. It's just too much force on those thin tubing walls. I'm going to have the tabs cut completely off and get the tubes patched. Then I'll build some sort of cradle to support the tubes and maybe double as a skid plate.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could take them to have this work done? I have a couple places in mind in my hometown (Wharton), but I'd like some other (less industrial maybe?) options.

I'll get some batteries for my camera and post some pics after lunch if y'all are interested.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

We can get this knocked out for you. Give us a call at the shop.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

LMR or Icon are the best choices for this. I have personal experience with both and recommend them both heartily.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Thanks y'all. I'm going by LMR this afternoon to see what they can do for me.