Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Sunex tools? Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sunex tools? Any good?

I'm looking for a good quality impact swivel socket set and can't afford to spend $50 a socket on snap on. I've not heard of this tool company although I'm seeing their stuff in more and more catalogs, not the cheapest but not high dollar either, their swivel sockets are about $7 each. Anybody used their stuff yet? Comments?
Old 09-20-2003, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Sunex tools? Any good?

Surfed around on this, looks like they imports, made in China or Taiwan
Old 09-21-2003, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a full set of Sunnex impact sockets. Excellent quality, won't waste my money on anything else. I don't own any of their impact swivels but I know people that do and use them on a daily basis with no complaints. They're an excellent value for the money. The only thing that sucks is you have to mail them to Sunnex to get them warrantied, they don't do a vendor exchange. But they're so damn cheap if you ever actually DO break one they're cheap to just buy. I wouldn't worry though, I've been abusing my sockets daily at work for about a year now, especially the 19mm and no signs of wear yet. I've worn out Mac chrome sockets in less time than my Sunnex impacts.

Without a hesitation I reccomend their impact sockets by far.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a full set of Sunnex impact sockets. Excellent quality, won't waste my money on anything else. I don't own any of their impact swivels but I know people that do and use them on a daily basis with no complaints. They're an excellent value for the money. The only thing that sucks is you have to mail them to Sunnex to get them warrantied, they don't do a vendor exchange. But they're so damn cheap if you ever actually DO break one they're cheap to just buy. I wouldn't worry though, I've been abusing my sockets daily at work for about a year now, especially the 19mm and no signs of wear yet. I've worn out Mac chrome sockets in less time than my Sunnex impacts.

Without a hesitation I reccomend their impact sockets by far.
Thats good to hear because I already ordered them this morning. They do look real good. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave Carney, out of curiosity where did you order them from? There is a local tool store near me that carries a lot of SK, Lisle, KD, Sunnex, Ingersoll, etc. and although their prices are pretty good it's nice to compare sometimes.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here ya go...this place has excellent prices, so long as you order at least $50 worth of stuff.

www.thetoolwarehouse.net

Quick Reply: Sunex tools? Any good?