Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Custom Roll Cage Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Custom Roll Cage Pics

Is it just me or does the search function on this site seem to get worse and worse every day. A year ago, if I searched for something, a good list of informative threads would usually always pop up. I searched for "roll cage" and got a bunch of street race and kill stories and all kinds of other bullshit that had NOTHING to do with a roll cage.

Now that I have said my peace, I have been planning on doing a roll cage for some time and will probably pull the trigger in the not too distant future. I would really like to see some pics of other people's custom cages in 4th gen. f-body cars for inspiration. I want the car to still be as comfortable for street use as possible so I want to side side swing arms beside the door panels and the bar between the front and rear seats to be totally removable with pull pins. Please post up all your pics for me and anyone else lookng into this as well. Lets get another real and informative thread that will pop up when people are searching for this.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

How fast are you wanting the car to be eventually? If you do mostly road racing removable rear bars might be ok. I would weld in the rear bars for safety concerns if you are looking to do anything other than a roll bar unless you want a cage just for looks. Pins break much easier than a properly engineered cage. If you want some pictures of a good cage I would be happy to send you some of mine but everything is welded in and the cage is good to 8.50s but I wear a helmet whenever I am in the car. I had a friend die from getting in a wreck with out a helmet his head hit the cage and it broke his neck. Not trying to discourage you from having a fast street car but you have to decide how fast is enough and still drive the car around town.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With the APS kit, I should see low 10's or high 9's fairly easily. I don't plan on doing a ton a drag racing in his car though, it is definitely a street car first and foremost. I want a cage that will suit my needs, but comfort and practical use are a big factor here as well. Here is one that my local shop just finished up that I liked:

http://www.memphisracingscene.com/vb...ad.php?t=49961
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine off of s and w race cars online. It's an 8 point, all chromoly and has the swing out door bars. It was pretty cheap when I bought it, maybe 2 years ago. Spectacle solutions has it with the rest of my stuff for my build. Dustin over at premier also does good work, as seen in the gt500 cage pic you posted. Either shop will be able to get you going.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

The 6 point roll bar will be fine for you with swing out door bars to 10.00 anything faster you have to do a full cage not just a roll bar. Here is a link to basic questions about roll bars and cages.http://www.nhra.org/contacts/tech_faq.html If you want to run 9's get a full cage and a license.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned

im not 100% sure but i really think the corssbar and rear bars have to be welded to certify

Quick Reply: Custom Roll Cage Pics