Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

how do you orginize your tool box?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how do you orginize your tool box?

ok well i got a large box with the top box alsohttp://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=90320

its more than i need but its nice to have room to grow. im just thinking of ideas on how to organize my stuff in it.
how do yall organize your stuff in your box? pics?

brook
Old 06-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Where I work, they make us shadow our toolboxes with foam. That seems to work great. For sockets, I went to Sears and got some of those plastic trays that have pegs for my sockets. (I think Hanson makes them)
Old 06-04-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pics of my toolbox and how I have everything layed out here The socket drawer pic is cut off a bit, but you can see the rails I have, theres a post for each socket to stand upright, with the size printed on it. I only have it for my metric stuff since I rarely use the fractional sockets. All the things that came in bins are still in them as well.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the room the plastic socket trays are nice there easy to see which socket you need as well as which ones are missing,red for standard and gray for metric...I think Snap On tools come with nice orginizers for screwdrivers plyers extensions..and other hard to store stuff..I just spent the last 5 years bulding a tool box for work and now with the new team I work for I have a huge Snap On box thats full of everything you could Imagine I guess I have one of the nicest sets of home tools around..
Old 06-04-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

you can get those organizers for all the pro brand boxes, they clip onto the box like a side locker does for the long stuff. right now my prybars are still in the box but eventually I'll get one when the box fills up
Old 07-14-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttttt

Quick Reply: how do you orginize your tool box?