Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Where to buy a larger harmonic balancer puller?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to buy a larger harmonic balancer puller?

I can't seem to find the balancer puller I need. I typically use the 3 legged puller that you bolt on using the threads on the face of a underdrive pulley. Well when I went to do a March balancer last monday the threads were spaced furthe out. Where can I get a lager 3 legged part?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Launching!

I ended up using a steal plate. You need one just large enough to cover the pulley. It will need a hole in the center large enough for the threaded rod of the three legged puller you tried. drill three holes and bolt the three legged puller to it and then drill three more holes to bolt it to the pulley. I was lucky enough to have a piece with the hole already in it in my garage. It is a 1/4 in think piece.
It may sound really getto but it gives you more room to work and you don't risk tearing up the ribs of the pulley with a jaw type puller, (if you can find one large enough to get around it and still fit behind the radiator.)
Let me know if you have questions.
Good luck!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

I think my mental picture of what you made is correct (basically an adapter plate for the puller) but a picture of your design would do wonders.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Oh, yeah. That would help. I had to go pick it up at the shop where I left it and forgot to snap some pics of it. I'll try and get those tonight and upload them. And yes, it's just an adaptor plate.

Quick Reply: Where to buy a larger harmonic balancer puller?