User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

what about a rating system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:10 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lightbulb what about a rating system?

i've saw a lot of used stuff in your classifieds section but to be brutally honest, after reading the member feedback forums , it scares the hell out of me .what about a feedback rating system for sellers and sponsors kind of like Ebay has? i realize this is not foolproof but it might be helpful.maybe put someone in charge of verifying feedback (IP addresses and such), i'm sure that might ease some of the doubts in the buyers and sellers minds. this would take some planning , of course but for honest sellers and buyers to post verifiable info , there might not be the 10,000.00 engine scams , or other scams that seem to be all too common on car-related websites. i realize that LS1tech is legitimate and they do go the extra mile to help people who have been ripped off, but this would make sure that everyone comes out ok .plus if a seller or buyer has to post info that can lead someone right to them , it would scare off a large majority of the con artists that exist on the net these days. for example : a seller wants to sel a car on here . name , address, home and work #'s have to be provided or no sale , same for buyers . once this has been verified , if a deal goes sour , then you at least have a starting point to track them . maybe my idea is unrealistic but then again , maybe not . just my .02
Old 08-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

example : Joe A. Goodseller, # of transactions: 50
positive feedback from buyers:99%
recommended seller.
George Baddeal, # of transactions :25
positive feedback from buyers:45%
proceed with caution
on the buyers side , could be the same and this would be a fairly effective tool to let people know what they're getting themselves into.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

We've been discussing ideas along those lines.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

you've got a really great site here , i feel so bad for the people who have gotten ripped off . it's very nice to know you take the time to try to resolve the issues when you can . losing money is not fun for the buyer or seller . everyone gets so wary that a many good deals are missed out on.it just might help and get rid of the dirtbags who prey on honest , trusting people.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I think that some folks are trying to make money and others are too trusting and cutting corners.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would probably help some but it is like life in general, there are the majority(I think & hope) that will always try and do the right thing and then there are the scammers that will try everththing to beat the system. I think your best bet is to go with your "gut" feeling and do your research as well as possible.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:53 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

i totally agree with rallyredss on the research point , you can't get enough info on someone before a transaction. i'm buying seats from kp , the fact he is a moderator on here was a pretty good reason for me to offer to send him a small deposit to hold them . he politely turned it down but promised he will hold them for me until he moves , these are signs of good transaction .if he's honest enough to be that straight , i can't go wrong and you can bet i'll get those seats when i promised to pick them up and pay the man for them .

Quick Reply: what about a rating system?