User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

i was not drumming my fingers....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i was not drumming my fingers....

on the desk, i was clicking my pen while waiting for the site to come back on today.....drives my coworkers nuts
Old 01-18-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

You do realize there's now a few hundred people scratching their head wondering what the heck you're talking about

For those curious, my message was actually misleading. I wasn't doing a database pack, I was actually replicating the database server. I'm doing the work to bring back the new posts feature everyone likes so much, and enhance the whole search experience. There will now be a dedicated database server *just* for searches, that is replicated off the primary database server in real-time.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:35 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brains
You do realize there's now a few hundred people scratching their head wondering what the heck you're talking about
I got that screen a few days ago... don't recall the exact message/s, but it got another line added to it partway through the downtime (And it was a lot longer than the half hour or so that it said in the message, too )

For those curious, my message was actually misleading. I wasn't doing a database pack, I was actually replicating the database server. I'm doing the work to bring back the new posts feature everyone likes so much, and enhance the whole search experience. There will now be a dedicated database server *just* for searches, that is replicated off the primary database server in real-time.
Wow, nice!!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

thats great,now if people would just use the search button
Old 01-18-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, since I highlighted the stickies in yellow, I'm thinking of making the search button flash and jump around like a Jack Russell Terrier on cocaine.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brains
Well, since I highlighted the stickies in yellow, I'm thinking of making the search button flash and jump around like a Jack Russell Terrier on cocaine.

that would be cool.....
Old 01-18-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah i was lmao at the bright yellow stickies...i wonder how many people will use them now

Quick Reply: i was not drumming my fingers....