User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

searching under username

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default searching under username

For the last few weeks I've been unable to come up with new posts when I search under my user name. Is this an error is does it have to do with search preferences or something?
Old 01-30-2005, 02:19 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, interesting. On every user's 'Find More Post By This User' that I've checked, no posts show up in the results after early in the morning of January 18, 2005. So it's not just you, at least. I'd guess Brains has been adjusting the search configuration again, and stopped indexing-by-user on the 18th.

Too late now for the posts of the past few weeks, but what you might want to do to be able to find your future posts is change your subscription preferences to automatically subscribe but with no email notification, to all of threads you post in - that way, you can see them all in the subscriptions list in the User CP.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome - thanks for the info
Old 02-02-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, same has been happening when I search on my username. it sucks because I can't track the threads and post I've created. It take to long to keep scrolling down and looking from page-to-page to find a thread or a post I have participated in. Lots of times I don't even remember what subject I have posted under. Will this change back to the way it was Brian? I sure miss it and it made being here much more pleasurable.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:06 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Yeah, same has been happening when I search on my username. it sucks because I can't track the threads and post I've created. It take to long to keep scrolling down and looking from page-to-page to find a thread or a post I have participated in. Lots of times I don't even remember what subject I have posted under. Will this change back to the way it was Brian? I sure miss it and it made being here much more pleasurable.
same here, you can imagine how many threads i post in
Old 02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well, you could just copy and past "use the search" on every post!

im just messin w/ you of course

Quick Reply: searching under username