33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Wiki for fbody mod reference

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiki for fbody mod reference

I just had an idea. I'd like to gather opinions on what you'd think about a wiki for f-body related info. I believe it would complement this site nicely, adding a nice user maintained reference to all sorts of info that is contained in the members heads.

For an example, check out http://wikipedia.org

Basically, it's a free form, easy to edit way to create web pages. It does well wihen you have a group of people sharing a common interest. Common uses are typically software documentation, but I think it would apply well here.

I've just read about Wikicities who host wikis for free. They are the same people who are running wikipedia I believe. They host for free, w/ advertising support(obviously, targeted ads, since you have a concentrated group of people, they might be relavent). Or there are plenty of free open source wiki packages available to host it ourselves.

I'm interested to see how people feel on this. It won't work unless people think it's a good idea and participate. Again, I'm thinking this would nicely supplement these boards, it could never replace them The main problem I see if that it would need to stay pure technical, since these sort of sites won't work well if it descends into my part is better than yours.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only problem with Wiki is anyone can delete or distort the information. We might find sections with message like "The LS1 fials miserably when compared to any of Fords offerings" etc
Old 02-26-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

no ****** way i'm going to spend a good deal of my time writing down everything i can remember thats factually based about these cars only to have someone else mess with it. **** that.....i'll make my own site for that if i so feel the need to put that much effort into it, thanks. great idea, not a great way to execute it.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:25 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An easy option would be to gather information posted here into 'FAQ' threads (which would probably get stickied)

Quick Reply: Wiki for fbody mod reference