Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: '98 Chevy C3500 Full custom

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: '98 Chevy C3500 Full custom

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: C/K 3500
Price: $8500
Mileage: 66000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I'm gonna go ahead and do this. I've had this truck longer than I've ever had anything (coming up on three years), and I love it to death, but it's time to move onto to bigger and better things while the opportunity is in front of me.

Basics:

1998 C3500 Silverado (2WD 1 ton dually) Extended cab.
MPFI 7.4 (454)/4L80E 4 speed overdrive auto trans,.
65,XXX miles
I'm the second owner of the truck. Bought it with 47K on it (I think), so you can tell how much I actually drive it. I have every piece of documentation for this truck EVER. Original invoice, window sticker, blah blah blah. It stickered for $28K new in 1998. Truck has never been smoked in, no pets in the truck, etc.

Mechanically, the truck is 110%. It's gotten everything it's ever needed, no BS, when it needed it. Which, I may add, has been very little. Nothing outside regular maintenance. It's a trouble free, well taken care of truck. It was garaged most of it's life, and I've taken extremely good care of this truck, and many will vouch for that.

Body:
I'm comfortable saying, this is one of the nicest '98 Chevy trucks you'll ever see. No rust whatsoever, not one single ding, paint shines great, no major scratches (keep in mind, it's a 12 year old truck. I'm sure there's something superficial here or there). One bed flare has a nick in it the size of your thumbnail from the previous owner. Other than that, it's A-1.

Interior: Minty fresh. A lot better than what you'd expect out of most '98 Chevy trucks that have actually been used as a truck. Seats are 98%, carpet has very minimal wear, full power everything, and everything works as it should. It does have a premium sound system with a bunch of speakers, and the deluxe cloth interior, so it's a step up from your basic truck. Cold A/C, hot heat, everything working 110%.

Onto the fun stuff....

Mods:

Belltech 5/7 static drop.
Firestone helper bags on the rear with ALL NEW AIR LINES.
Duraliner spray in bed liner.
Roll-n-lock tonneau cover, literally the most expensive tonneau you can buy. Period.
Goodmark steel cowl hood.
Custom trimmed Bug deflector/window visors on rear windows (removed the fronts after they started peeling up. May have these around somewhere still.)
Dauber pinstriped from front to rear. There's literally pinstriping all over the truck.
Chrome drop V-bumper.
Weld aluminum wheels, tires have ~10K miles on them.
6000K Xentec HID kit.
Hypertech power programmer
K&N drop in filter
Dual exhaust with flowmasters, dumped under the bed.
Drawtite progressive brake controller.
1 year old Optima Redtop.
Wheels freshly polished.

Cons:
Windshield has a 8" crack in the upper right hand corner. Hasn't bother me in the past ~7 months it's been there, so I've left it. If it's a deal breaker, I'll get one put in for you. It's stupid cheap since it's the same windshield used in all these bodystyle trucks.
Tint on extended cab windows has begun peeling at the edges. It's been on there for 12 years, what do you expect? I was quoted $25 a window to tint them if I take them off the truck, which is about a 5 minute job each window. Again, if it's a big deal, I'll have it done before the sale, it just doesn't bother me. Front windows are tinted as well, but are good to go, no issues.

Short, superficial list, huh? Because I've taken care of this truck to the point it absolutely positively 100% NEEDS NOTHING BUT A NEW DRIVER. No sloppy front ends, no rusty cabs, no leaks, no squeaks, NO BS. This thing is ready to pull, or whatever else you feel like doing with it.

Before you ask, no, it doesn't get good gas mileage. I averaged 14-15 unloaded and 10-12 loaded with ~10K behind it. If you're looking for fuel economy, this isn't it. If you want a well taken tow vehicle under the price of a Duramax that hasn't had the hell beaten out of it, this is the truck for you.

I do owe a small amount on the truck still, so all funds will clear the bank before a title is released. The loan is through Kemba Credit Union, so I'll be happy to meet the future owner there to let them know it's a legit deal.

Asking $8500. I'll listen to a reasonable offer. Would consider a trade across/up for low miles LS1 car close to stock, Trade up for 6speed GTO close to stock, trade across or down for 4x4 S10, across/up for 55-57 Chevy, across/up for old cars, just lemme know what you have.

Here's all the pics I have on hand. If you need something specific feel free to ask. Also, these pictures are taken with the truck at static drop, IE no air in the bags whatsoever. Those stupid exhaust tips are no longer on the truck, and that was before the new tires were mounted. Sorry i don't have anything newer off hand.

Last edited by Speed Kills; 08-09-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Bump for my homie Ian, very honest seller, with a badass, stupid clean truck.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Sold!

Quick Reply: FS: '98 Chevy C3500 Full custom