Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1994 Camaro Z28 LT1 A4 w/ some bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Camaro Z28 LT1 A4 w/ some bolt ons

Year: 1994
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $4300
Mileage: 120000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NV
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I bought a 1979 Corvette and need to sell my Camaro to fund the work on the vette. I've had this car since October 2011 and have had a lot of fun with it.

Upgrades
  • 3,200 RPM Converter, derale transmission cooler. Launches great and still locks like the original converter! This thing is fantastic. Powerband whenever you want it, manageable RPM when cruising. I love it.
  • Cold air intake
  • Flowmaster american thunder cat back exhaust

Condition specifics
  • Looks decent in pictures and from 10 feet away but has some scratches and dull paint spots...particularly on the hood and the headlight buckets.
  • Drivers seat has a tear.
  • Center console lid is broken off, it just sits on there.
  • Dashboard has a crack in it
  • High beam switch doesn't work with the turn signal lever so I added a switch to control the high beams
  • I also added a switch to manually turn on the fans
  • Decent stereo with MP3 CD player. I did it right with the little module box that works with the bose system. I can't say the same for the previous owner who hacked in a stereo.
  • Heat works well, A/C does not work. I plan to fix the A/C soon but if someone wants it before I get a chance to fix it, I'll negotiate. It is a simple fix.

Front tires have about 5,000 miles on them, rears have 1,000 at the most. All 4 tires are 245/50ZR16 W rated. They were bought at different times. The fronts are Kumho Ecsta ASX and the rears are Falken ZE-902. Alignment was done when I replaced the rear tires (and the old rear tires were moved to the front, tire wear is fine).

Repairs done since I bought the car:
  • Near rear brake pads.
  • New fuel pump. I cut an access panel in the rear to do it, sealed it up with sheet metal and RTV. I must have bent the sending unit when I replaced it because the fuel gauge doesn't read past 3/4 tank.
  • Passenger side exhaust manifold. 3 Studs broke off in the head. I drilled new holes in the manifold and got it to seal pretty well with RTV. This was in November or December 2011 and it only gives an exhaust leak when it is cold.
  • Optispark was replaced. I used a generic brand from rockauto. Might need to be replaced again soon. A MSD opti was on my wish list.
  • Complete flush and refill of cooling system. This was done when I unclogged the heater core to get the heat to work again. Its still nice and clean.
  • MAF sensor wire harness is new, soldered to old harness.
  • Opti spark wire harness is new, soldered to old harness.
  • New oil pump, oil pressure is good.
  • New oil pan
  • New trans fluid pan with a drain bolt.
  • New flexplate
  • New rear main seal
  • New passenger side window motor

The bad:
  • There is an audible clink when you gun it from a standstill. I've replaced the transmission mount and installed a poly torque bar mount but it is still happening.
  • There is a leak of trans fluid or oil near where the engine mates to the transmission. It isn't major but needs to be watched.
  • The transmission seems to get warm because of the moderate stall converter. I would recommend installing a trans gauge and watching the temperature
  • I have not tuned the car at all since installing the converter. At full throttle you will bounce off the rev limiter before it shifts. Definitely tune this car.
  • I dropped a socket down the driver side exhaust pipe and cut the pipe to get it out, then patched it with a coupler from pep boys. It seals fine but looks ugly from under the car. It is actually really nice to be able to remove the cross pipe when it comes time to pull the starter or oil pan, though!
  • ABS light is on, I've never bothered to do anything about it.
  • Trip meter doesn't work.
  • T-tops leak in the rain.

I have no doubt that you could get in this car and drive it across the country but I take NO responsibility if it breaks down on you. I've been wanting to drive it to southern california for quite a while now and never managed to do it. It is comfortable and smooth on the highway.

This car is located in Henderson NV. It has current registration and insurance and is drive able right now.

Again, it looks great in pictures and from 10 feet away, but when you see it in person do not expect a flawless car. This car is nearly 20 years old and shows it, but it is a hell of a lot of fun and sounds fantastic.

1994 Camaro Z28 LT1 A4 w/ some bolt ons-z0xqc.jpg
Attachment 727608

Little bit of testing after the new converter was installed:

Last edited by AboveTheLogic; 04-27-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Price dropped and listed on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=221223550368
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Bump. Price dropped to $3500
Old 06-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Teching In