Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 Corvette Convertible 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Corvette Convertible 6 speed

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $11500
Mileage: 162000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NC
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

My daily driver 2000 Corvette convertible. Stock LS1 with 6 speed trans. 162,000 miles, but I'd drive it anywhere. I bought the car in November and have driven it pretty much everyday since I got it. Averages 25mpg driving it back and forth to work. I've fixed a few little issues that the car had, nothing major. I'll get the VIN for anyone interested. I have the clear title in my safe.

Asking $11,500 but will negotiate with someone in person with money in hand.

Mods:
C6 5 spoke wheels with like new Goodyear Supercar F1 Runflats-added within the last 3,000 miles
Polished twin cone induction
06 Z06 Shifter and ****
Two Tone leathers- Showing wear on drivers seat. And a busted seam.
GM Seat Foam kit
GM Weatherstripping
Hawk Brake pads
Lloyds side facing logo mats
C5 Alum matching gas pedal
Column Lock Bypass
Brand New Duralast Gold top battery
Valentine One detector with remote unit (in pics)
NGK Tr55 Iridiums with Taylor heat shields in black (45k miles)
Idler pullies replaced (55k miles)
Goodyear Gatorback belts (55k miles)

Cons-
Driver's side headlight like to do the wink when closing sometimes.
Needs passenger side window motor. It's basicly been cold since I bought the car so it hasn't been an issue but I may have this fixed in the next few weeks.
The c6 wheels still have c6 sensors in them, not C5s. Due to this the car is not displaying the air pressures.

Below is quoted from the original owner's ad when he had the car for sale. I've removed issues that he described about the car that I have replaced or repaired since purchasing it.

"Story behind the car:
I bought the car from Pheonix AZ with 102,XXX miles on her. He wasn't very truthful about the car and I had to fix several things he didn't disclose before I flew out there and was standing in front of her.

The car has HUD, dual climate, Memory seating, and CD changer, though I have no cartridge. Previous owner reported a new clutch around 100k, I've had zero problems from it. All recalls performed.

The car has brand new GM weatherstripping I installed maybe two months ago (August 2012), vert top (minus the long piece in the bottom rear of the top, unavail from GM anylonger and no aftermarket according to Mid America), trunk, even the expensive front windshield piece. The front windshield was recently replaced due to a crack in it. Hud windshield of course. GM weatherstipping came from Mid America and the cost totalled over $1,800.

I had to have the A/C redone completely. The fans didn't work, the compressor was fried and debris throughout the lines. Mayhem Motorsports in Raleigh put all GM parts into the car, lines, compressor, Condenser, Dryer, everything was torn out and redone due to the debris in the system.

The car lived its life in the Desert, so you guys/gals that live out there know how rock chips go (front nose has been repainted, explained later). The car has surface scratches, as you would expect from a 12 year old car. In my opinion the previous owner did not take care of the car well. The leather was shriveled up, the seat foam was shot. I put new two tone leathers (seats, shift and e-brake boot) into it with a GM seat foam kit. There's one **** for the treble missing from the radio currently. It just cracked in half. All material was steam cleaned and in decent shape when I bought it, I am not a smoker.

The F-45 suspension still works well, I put new stock rotors on the car with Hawk Pads (They now have about 35k miles on them). All fluids were changed at the time of purchase and I checked all seals. The previous owner had an aftermarket induction system on it, a dual cone unit in polished aluminum. Other than that the car is stock minus the wheels.

There is a breach in the clearcoat on the passenger rear quarter panel, at the passenger door edge. It hasn't grown since it peeled and there is a pic of it in the album. About the size of a quarter I think. I dropped the top recently and the passenger window motor died, so I have to replace the motor there as well. I have not bought one at this point as it just happened.

The window in the vert top started to detach a little a while back as many do, I followed the one guide on the forum to fix it with the Gorilla adhesive. Came out fine. The windows have tint on them that was there from it being in AZ.

One accident to report on. On Christmas day 2009 we had an extreme rain storm. I was driving the car to see family and hit a 18 wheelers' tire that had just come off and flew into my lane (Recapped trash that should be outlawed!). I hit the tire, it went underneath the car and lifted the passenger rearend up just enuff to break traction, the car spun unto the grass shoulder at an on ramp. I wasn't travelling that fast due to the storm. The bumper was repaired and repainted, new passenger headlight cover (the tire broke a mount on the cover), new turn signal housings due to cracked lenses, new air damn (all 3 peices), repaint of the passenger rocker panel and a new wheel well liner for the passenger rear. Insurance covered the damage. This is the only thing that should come up on a carfax. The car had a clear carfax upon my purchase.

The car is mechanically sound, I'd drive across country right now in it with no worries or hesitation." End quote of previous owner.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Couple of offers, but nothing yet. Please no trades.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Quick Reply: 2000 Corvette Convertible 6 speed