Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1974 Pontiac Firebird 455

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 Pontiac Firebird 455

Year: 1974
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $3500
Mileage: 120000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Color: Gray
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Please see my craigslist post for tons of HD pictures, sorry I could not upload them all on this post.http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3943291616.html

Up for sale is my 1974 Firebird. I planned on making it my daily driver, but now I am moving to Miami and do not have time for it. It is in average condition. (It could use some TLC) The body is currently in primer grey, a few steps away from sanding and painting. It has some small cracks and damage in the front fairing that can easily be fixed with a little body work. (pictures below) The engine is a Pontiac Big Block 455, and its hooked up to a Turbo 400 transmission.

Some of the mods on the car include:
Edelbrock RPM intake manifold
Holley 650 vaccume secondary carb. (will also come with a Holley 750 Double Pumper Carb)
Old school Hooker Headers hooked up to an exhaust that looks to be custom.
Erson valve covers
MSD ignition
B&M Ratchet Shifter
American Racing Wheels (With lots of tire left)
and many more small things
Platinum AGM starting battery

The car has been mine for about 5 years now. It runs and drives just fine, I have not drove the car in a while though so it needs a carb tune up that I will be doing in the next week or so. I just installed a ton of new parts on it because I was daily driving it all last summer. The new parts include a full tune up, brand new brakes and components (new master cylinder, lines, pumps, rotors, pads, and shoes in the rear) The windshield has some small cracks in the bottom. Not interfering with view, just an eyesore on the car. (picture below)

The car is garage kept, so there is hardly any rust. Just a slight bit inside the trunk (see picture below) because the weatherstrip was leaking when I got the car, I have put new weatherstripping in since then. The interior is in good shape. Could use a good cleaning, but aside from that not bad. The only small problem is a place where a previous owner tried to install an ashtray and did it very sloppy. (Picture below) as well as a small hole in the reas passenger side seat. (picture below) The dash wiring is a tricky subject. All gauges work fine, but the back lighting does not work. I think this is from a shady wiring job the previous owner did while trying to install a head unit that didnt work. Again, all the gauges work just fine, they are just a bit hard to see at night.

The car also has a custom sunroof installed on it. I bought it that way, and hated it at first, but it kinda grew on me. There are pictures below of it. It does not leak in rain. All the lights work just fine and all have new bulbs. The passenger side door handle does not work, the small bar inside broke off. It will open from the inside, but not from the outside.

If you would like to see/drive the car, please contact me by email or by calling or texting 770-313-1949. My name is Ricky.

If this post is up, then the car is still for sale. I have included almost any answer to a question you could have about this car in this post. I wanted to put it all out there from the start. So please do not call or text me unless you actually have interest in this car. If you have any more questions that I may not have covered, please gimme a call!

Quick Reply: 1974 Pontiac Firebird 455