Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2004 gto, m6, h/c/i

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 gto, m6, h/c/i

Year: 2004
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $9500
Mileage: 55600
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NE
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I'm putting this up for sale simply because I don't drive it anymore. The car does have a REBUILT title so if that scares you, there's no point in reading any further. The previous owner did the repairs and he owns a restoration shop in Oklahoma City. The gaps between body panels are great and the car drives very well. I purchased the car just over 4 years ago with 36,000 miles and have had zero problems other than replacing the steering rack and doing some transmission work upon purchase. The car currently has 55,600 miles.

The body is in good shape overall with minor rock chips on the front bumper and hood which these cars almost always tend to have. The previous owner also rolled the 1/4 panels to fit 275/30/19 tires so the lip isn't factory straight. The rear tires are nearly brand new Nitto NT 555's, while the front tires are getting low on tread but will last a while if this is just used as a nice weather car.

The interior is in good shape with no stitching pulling away which is a common problem in these cars. The driver's seat bolster does have some scuffing.

Here's a list of mods done to the car (heads/cam at 30K; clutch/master at 48K)

PRC 2.5 heads
MS4 cam
FAST 90 intake/NW 90mm TB
Catch can
Pacesetter headers/catless mids
Underdrive pulley
160* thermostat
Hinson motor mounts
Svede intake
Line lock
The Driveshaft Shop 3.5'' aluminum driveshaft
2QWK4RU clutch master cylinder
Monster Stage 3 clutch
GMM race shifter
Pedders 1/8'' raise drag springs
Drilled/Slotted rotors
'05/'06 style hood and rear bumper
'06 taillights
SAP grilles

The car put down 452/398 on a Dynojet on a hot/humid summer day with a K&N setup. A lot of people are claiming a 10+ HP gain with the Svede intake that is now on the car.

The bad: 3rd gear will grind at times. NO other transmission problems. All synchros were replaced at 41K miles along with upgraded billet keys, bronze fork pads and new slave cylinder. Obviously when there's grinding, at least the synchro needs replaced and sometimes the gear as well. I'm hoping there's someone out there who can fix this themselves, saving them $$ and me the hassle. I have the ability to fix the issue so BS offers won't go far. I just don't feel like pulling the tranny at this point. Worst case scenario should be less than $500 in parts (synchro, gear and synchro assembly hub) The spare rim/tire are not included as they were already gone when I bought the car. The rear deck speakers never worked when I purchased the car. They are in working order as I hooked power to them years ago, but I never looked into it any further. The rear window tint is also bubbling.

NADA value is $13,500

$9,500 firm
Sorry, no trades.
Car is just outside of Omaha, NE

Text/call 402-203-8430

Last edited by charger453; 08-24-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

this will not last long
Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Teching In

That's what I was thinking, but most of what I'm getting are trade offers, which I do not want. I want a cash sale. This is a hell of a deal for someone looking for a modded GTO, who can repair the transmission themselves and plans on driving it for a while. I had two people interested but they couldn't get a loan. I guess banks don't loan on rebuit title cars??? My credit union did when I purchased the car, but they just told another guy no. However, insuring it with full coverage isn't an issue. Anyways, someone get a personal loan and drive this away. Overall, this car is very clean for a 2004. It hasn't seen winters and has almost always been garage kept.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Teching In

And for those wondering what parts cost, thegearbox.org just quoted me $176 for 3rd gear, $114 for the 3/4 synchro assembly, and $83 for the 3rd gear synchro.
Here's the receipt for proof that the transmission was overhauled at 41K miles...
Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Sold!

Quick Reply: 2004 gto, m6, h/c/i