Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1987 Buick Grand National

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1987 Buick Grand National

Year: 1987
Make: Buick
Model: Regal
Price: $3500
Mileage: 118322
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NJ
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

THIS CAR IS A PROJECT CAR

THIS CAR WILL REQUIRE A FULL RESTORATION OR CAN BE USED AS A PARTS CAR

TO SEE MANY MORE HIGH QUALITY PHOTOS OF THIS VEHICLE PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK :

Click here: 1987 Buick Grand National Current Photos

PLEASE LOOK AT ALL PHOTOS. EVERYTHING PICTURED YOU WILL BE GETTING WITH THE CAR UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.

I inititally purchased this car with the intent to restore it eventually some day. I planned to at least make it drivable in the meantime until a full restoration could be done.

The car has basically been sitting for a good number of years the way you see it now. The original owner had gotten into some kind of accident with the vehicle which I am unaware what happened. I believe this accident shows up on the Carfax report. It looks like the car may have spun out and hit into a curb. I am guessing that from the way the driver quarter panel is damaged and also the way the passenger wheel is bent facing the wrong direction when compared with the driver wheel.

Exterior

Please view all the pictures in the link above. They should explain the story!

The body is going to need work from front to back. All the paint on the car is no good. It is all cracked. There are rot holes in both quarters. Both fenders seem ok, they may have been replaced but they are not fully bolted on. The passenger door seems to be in good shape. The driver side door has taken some damage. The roof in back of the T Tops is showing some surface rust.

The underside of the car looks pretty decent. Just surface rust for the most part from sitting. The floors look pretty solid. The driver side has a small hole in it. Otherwise there doesn't appear to be any frame damage or anything like that. The only part thats a little rough is the area where the body mount attaches the frame to the body. That mount has come loose from the body itself and the frame rail is a little rotted away.

Interior

The T-Tops do not have appeared to have leaked much more than a few drips during a heavy rainstorm, so they have held most any water at all out. The interior seems to be in pretty decent shape. I was not able to inspect all of it as when I purchased the car there was another Grand National interior being stored inside of it. The extra interior goes with the car. The extra interior looks to be in semi decent shape but could probably use some work as well. There are photos that show their conditions in the album so please look.

Mechanical

When I purchased the car it was not running. I discovered it had a bad fuel pump, bad fan relay, bad battery, missing PCV, and a few blown fuses. I installed a new fuel pump, borrowed a fan relay from my T Type and borrowed a battery from my T Type. I replaced the old oil with new oil/filter and topped off the coolant. I cranked the car over for a while with the Fuel pump and Injectors fuse pulled to get the oil going through. The car took a few cranks but then it fired right up and ran great. The only mechanical issue with the engine is an exhaust leak on the crossover near the driver side header. Could even be coming from the header itself.

The transmission will need to be replaced. I was told when I purchased the car the transmission was fine. I came to find out when I dropped the trans pan that someone had cut out the entire valve body. So I would recommend a new trans. This one may be able to be rebuilt but will probably take alot.

Misc.

I will be keeping some things that did come with the car and some things I installed to get it to run. The battery, Valve cover breather, and Fan relay came from my T Type just to get the car running and I will be taking those back off of the car. But everything else in there can go with the car.

Extra Parts

-GNX Fender Flares
-Additional Grand National Interior (Front Seats, Rear Seats)
-Spare set of T-Tops
-T-Top Bags
-Regal Header Panel
-Fender
-Original Owner New York License Plates
-Trim Pieces for Headlights and some Interior trim
-Lots of other little things, just look through photos

I've never driven the car so I do not know what else mechanically it may need. As it sits right now it is not drivable with the transmission problem.

That's about as much as I know about this car. I'd love to restore it but I do not have the time. Hopefully someone can do it.

Click Here: 1987 Buick Grand National Current Photos
Attached Thumbnails 1987 Buick Grand National-img_1680.jpg  

Last edited by LS1 Melly; 08-29-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 1987 Buick Grand National