Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2008 Corvette Z06: Victory Red, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Corvette Z06: Victory Red, Ohio

Year: 2008
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $38000
Mileage: 45000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Howdy all. I purchased this car back in May of 2013, and while its been one of the most awesome, excellent vehicles I've ever owned, my heart, oddly enough, belongs to the import scene: While the LS7 is an absolute amazing motor, I miss myself some high powered AWD action. Having come from the Evo and STI scene, I miss those vehicles, and would rather spend my money on another one of those Heretic? Maybe, but hey, at least I'm honest.

The vehicle was previously owned by a Chuck Harmon over on Corvette Forums, so the history/previous owner information can be easily searched. But, long story short:

It was purchased in May of 2013 by me, in CA. I flew out, drove it back to Ohio. It had 35k miles at the time. It is now sitting at 45k miles, between the drive back (with an oil change on the way, followed by another at 3k interval), and then just enjoying it all summer long. The following description is a copy and paste from the original "FS" thread by Chuck, but the information is still 100% spot on:

2008 Z06, 2LZ, Victory Red/Ebony and Red two-tone leather interior, Navigation, chrome rims, cargo shade. 45k miles. Never wrecked, no paint or body work ever, never smoked in, garaged nightly, covered parking daily..

Nitto Invo 295/35ZR18 front and 345/30ZR19 tires with about 18k miles on them--still lots of tread. Much quieter and smoother riding than stock.
Apsis front rock deflectors. Installed at 1500 miles. These work great--very few small chips on rear flairs, none behind tires. Cars I've seen without them are chewed up. These are the 2nd series with the rubber (soft) molding to prevent paint damage.
Top Flight Reproductions front license mount. --this is by far the best option if plate is used, moves the plate to the middle of the grille opening, is removable in about 15 seconds and requires no drilling.
Corvette Mods tailight seals. No more water collecting after you wash.
Lloyd's 'Z06' rear cargo area mat and front floor mats, Rear Partion
Sunset Orange Creations mild-to-wild switch. Uses one of the Home Link buttons to operate the exhaust. No FOB to lose...
Custom tint by Sandman--5% rear, 20% sides. Looks great--absolutely no bubbling or seperation over the rear dot matrix.
Apsis two tone Black/Red Napa leather (butter soft) center console door.
Apsis Black leather (red stitching) elbow savers.
Apsis '08 pattern Carbon Fiber spoke caps on steering wheel, door push surrounds, A/C vents, emergency brake **** and shift ****. Basically I covered all the silver bits--to me they just don't go with the rest of the interior. This looks MUCH better without going overboard.
Kawal Gen 2 PAL with iphone "spec.dock" docking Iphone--allows you to listen to your music through the factory radio. Works perfectly.
'427' Hood emblems. OEM.

-------------------

Since purchasing the vehicle in May, its been flawless, as expected. I drove it home, I drove it around, I went to some cruise ins, and enjoyed it thoroughly. But with winter coming, and the thought of spending money just to store it (as opposed to an Evo/STI, which i would drive in the snow ), I figured, hey, lets just move on. No harm, no foul.

The car is currently in storage, 60 miles from me.

The biggest/only flaw in the car are some small chips in the front glass. The previous owner had pictures, and I'll link them below: They're exactly the same now, shockingly enough

http://wedontlikeu.com/car/Z06/crack1.JPG

http://wedontlikeu.com/car/Z06/crack2.JPG

http://wedontlikeu.com/car/Z06/crack3.JPG

http://wedontlikeu.com/car/Z06/crack4.JPG

The rest of the pictures are available at: http://wedontlikeu.com/car/Z06/

I have started a new job, where I am flying out on Sunday, and coming back on Thursday, so if additional pictures are desired, of something in particular, please let me know; I will not be able to get the pictures until 11-23, but can get any additional info as needed.

Price: 38,000. I feel that's a hell of a deal for what it is, but I'd like to get into something exciting before the winter actually starts, so figured I'd price it to sell.

Please fire away with any questions; I realize I have no history on this forum, but posted extensively on EvoXForums under "Hotdog", and can obviously speak/answer any questions.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 2008 Corvette Z06: Victory Red, Ohio