Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

6,000 miles on 408, viper spec trans and fab 9" rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6,000 miles on 408, viper spec trans and fab 9" rear

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $13000
Mileage: 59650
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): KY
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

For sale is my 2000 Camaro SS with just under 60,000 original miles. I have owned this car for 6 years and have put more than double the amount that I am asking for this car. I know I am taking a huge loss but that is what happens when you build a car and decide to part with it. I need a new SUV so it is time to say goodbye to my car.
This car was built by Collins Automotive in Waterford MI. Transmission is a viper spec built by D&D in Wixom MI. Fab 9" from Midwest Chasis & Performance.
Motor is a 408 stroker. Block is a 6.0 liter iron block that has been x-rayed and was bored 4.030. LS7 crank with titanium rods. Plasma moly rings clevite bearings, ported oil pump, cam is custom grind 244 248 with .610 lift. LS3 heads with TDA valve job from B. Tooley. LS3 intake. TSP 1 7/8 stainless long tube headers, Godspeed 92mm ported TB SLP flopack, 43# injectors, probe pistons 11:1 approx. Lunati dual spring kit.
Transmission is viper spec with Monster level 3 clutch and pro 5.0 shifter.
Rear is a Fab 9" with 389 gears and trutrac. Strange adjustable shocks, subframe connectors, panhard bar relocation kit. All adjustable rear from Midwest Chassis from TA to control arms.
I am sure I am missing things as I have slowly added and changed things in this car. On Mustang Dynometer the car made 486 hp and 462 ft lb tq. Short tuning changed the heads and intake. I have had three different intakes on the car. The last change made by Short was the LS3 heads and intake changed from ported 243's and typhoon intake. On shorts dyno which is lower than most the car made 444 hp and 416 ft lb tq. The car picked up 40 hp on his dyno from previous set up. Car was also put on a Dyno jet later and made 501 hp and 477 ft lb tq. Therefore, we all know every dyno is different. I also have a fiberglass SW6 hood that fits and looks great and is 40 lbs. lighter than stock. This car has air, 6 disc CD changer power everything. Convertibles are heavier than coupes. I have not done anything to reduce weight other than the hood. This car is very fun and had lots of potential for someone who wants to make it a drag car. Me personally I liked cruising it. The car does not have a roll cage. The car is very clean with a paint job less than 2 years. The paint is Hyundai Indigo night paint code Y4. The interior is very clean with no cracks in the dash or door panels and no tears in the leather. There is some minor wear in the driver seat but its still clean and there are no tears or cracks in the leather. I have sunk so much money into this car I hate to take the loss I am taking on it. However if I want a 2011 or newer Tahoe, Acadia or Explorer I have to let the car go.
Issues the only issues I can think of is the front passenger wheel has a little curb rash. I rubbed a curb close to my house to avoid hitting an idiot head on. The passenger side window rolls up a little slow. I do have two new window motors still in the package as I anticipated changing them when they went bad. I have two extra tires for the front. The rear has brand new Nitto NT05's on them with less than 200 miles. The front sway bar is off the car as I planned on going to the drag strip to run the best possible time I could before I sold the car. However, I never got to do it. I took the spare out of the trunk too lol. This car is very loud. I did run true duals over the rear with mostly stainless and all mandrel bends with bullets and magnaflo x pipe and band clamps also welded in some spots. The exhaust can come apart just after the rear to put mufflers on to make the car more quite. It also comes apart at the headers so the car can be easily worked on changing the clutch.
Motor, trans and rear has 6,000 miles on it. The LS3 heads and intake has about 1,000. This car is streetable I have drove it back and forth to MI. twice. The car still gets 21 miles per gallon on the highway.
Any questions call or text 606-416-2667 My pictures will not upload because they are too big. This is the only picture I could crop and get small enough to upload.
Attached Thumbnails 6,000 miles on 408, viper spec trans and fab 9" rear-054_crop.jpg  

Last edited by Fulyauto; 12-23-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Change title
Old 12-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Teching In

ttt...... Pics and sound clip to text. If someone could tell me how to make my pics smaller in size besides cropping them I could post more pics.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Teching In

You have a PM
Old 12-25-2013, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

im interested but do you have the original hood or a different hood?

thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Teching In

I had the pleasure of meeting Tim this past weekend to buy this car

Very nice guy, and he went above and beyond to make the transaction go as smoothly as it possibly could. Most definitely a good buying experience.

The 11 hour drive back to Nebraska was brutally loud, but worth it

Quick Reply: 6,000 miles on 408, viper spec trans and fab 9" rear