Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 Chevrolet Camaro TRIPLE BLACK SLP SS CONVERT. FULLY DOCUMENTED

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2000 Chevrolet Camaro TRIPLE BLACK SLP SS CONVERT. FULLY DOCUMENTED

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $16900
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Black
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Amazing. That is the condition of this car if I had to sum it up in one word. If you gave me two, I would say Utterly Amazing. This 2000 Camaro SS/SLP Convertible is one of the finest examples I have ever seen, and I was fortunate enough to purchase it from the original owner who spared no expense in maintaining and storing it for the past 14 years, because he knew that it was going to be an important car down the road. The black exterior on the car is original, and shows about as flawless as can be. There are perhaps a dozen or so small marks/blemishes that reveal themselves on the entire painted surface of the car that I found upon doing a hands and knees inspection of it. These are little marks like miniscule stone chips and scuffs from normal use, and none of them are larger than about 3mm diameter in size. These marks are so small, in fact, that even in the extreme close-up photos I took of them they hardly appear. Most of the other eBay sellers would call it absolutely perfect, but I just want you to know that it does have those almost non-existent marks if you start crawling around the lower front fascia and rockers. Take a look at the 100 EXTRA-LARGE photos below, and you will see that the shows like it was 2001 and you were looking at a fresh trade at the Chevy showroom. The finish is glossy, slick, and wet, and has ONLY been hand waxed since day one, so it does not show any swirl or thin marks from machine buffing. Door jambs and inner hood and trunk cavities look like new as well, and have always been kept wiped down, cleaned, and waxed along with the rest of the car. Panels are straight as an arrow, and I cannot find any dents, dings, or damage to the body panels. The SLP installed composite hood with functional scoop is a beauty, and thanks to indoor storage and care, has not warped over time like some do. SLP also installed the SS specific rear spoiler, and it shows like new as well. Gaps are factory precise, and everything fits and lines up exactly as it should. The convertible top on the car is in as-new condition, and has no stains, seam pulls, scuff marks, thin spots, or issues of any kind. The power top functions perfectly and goes up and down as quickly and smoothly as a new cars would. The original owner stated that he may have only “dropped the top” about 6 times in the last 14 years, which shows in the tight fit, perfect seals, and overall exceptional condition of it. Glass on the car is all original, and is fault free all around. No scratches, no scuffs, no cracks, no chips, and no damage. Aftermarket tint has NEVER been applied. The rear window is equipped with a defrost that is fully functional. Headlights are clean and clear, and function as they should. Fog lights are like new, and have zero issues. The wheels are on the car are SLP installed 17”x9” lightweight aluminum painted rims, and they show exceptionally well, with no real signs of use whatsoever. They are wrapped in NEW BFGoodrich G-FORCE Sport Comp-2 tires, sized P275/40ZR17 all the way around. The original owner had these installed about 6 months and 205 miles ago because when he took the car in for a routine service and inspection, they notified him that the original GOODYEAR EAGLE’s were becoming dry from age. The tires on it now are like brand new in every way, and have no signs of damage or issues. The interior of the car is just as clean and new as the exterior is, and shows beautifully. Black leather upholstery is in exceptional condition, with no damage, rips, tears, or seam pulls, and only the light aged patina one anticipates in a fine-grade leather. Carpeting shows like new, as do the full protective floor mats in the car. All of the interior panels, dash center console, pillar covers, and rear seat wrap panel look absolutely perfect, and have no signs of damage or issues. All of the switchgear, buttons, dials, *****, etc. in the car work exactly as they should, and show as good as new. Everything they activate works like it should as well. The factory installed AM/FM/CD radio in the car looks like new, and functions perfectly on all settings. The speakers in the car sound fantastic, and are not blown or cut. Power windows, power door locks, cruise control, power mirror, and power top switches all work like they should. Steering wheel is in exceptional condition, and was always wiped down and cleaned after driving, so it only has the nice light patina you expect from an aged leather. Steering wheel controls for the radio work perfectly, and show like new. The HURST leather shift **** with matching boot looks fantastic in the car, and functions perfectly. This has been a NON-SMOKING CAR since new, and has no odors. In fact, a few people that have looked inside it comment on how it still “smells like a new car”! All of the gauges are functional and appear to be accurate as well. Factory heating and air conditioning works perfectly as well, and shows no issues. Rear view mirror looks and functions like new and has no issues or fogging. Center console lid is securely affixed, and not loose or sloppy like some are. There are no check engine or warning lights on in the car. A quick diagnostic check showed no sign of any codes or issues of any kind. We have put the VIN through the GM dealer here in town, and they have no open service campaigns, technical bulletins, or recalls open on the car at this time. The trunk of the car shows like new, and has no issues or damage. Inside the trunk is the leatherette bag with the original hard convertible top boot. The bag shows wonderfully, with no damage or disrepair, and the boot pieces are like new, and, according to the original owner, have NEVER been out of the bag and installed on the car. Under the hood, the LS1 V8 motor is cleaner than most vehicles exteriors are! The engine bay has all of the correct tags, vin stickers, stampings, and marks it was born with, along with the SLP air box sticker and SLP badging. It is ridiculously clean under the hood. Like, cleaner than most fast food restaurant tables clean. No issues whatsoever under the hood and it runs as good as it looks! The car starts and runs perfectly. Idle is clean and lopey. Snick it into gear, and you will see that the clutch travel is perfect and take up is exactly as it should be. Row the cars through all 6-speeds and you will be amazed at how powerful and torque-laden this machine is. It pulls clean and strong in all gears, and has no flat spots or tuning issues. The forced air induction installed by SLP helps feed the motor, while the SLP dual outlet exhaust system lets it breathe out all that extra exhaust with a nice, throaty growl. The underside of the car is in excellent condition as well, and has not been rustproofed, sprayed, or treated at all. It is as it left the factory, and while some of the hardware and bolts show normal light oxidation from exposure to elements, all of it can be wiped away with a damp towel or wire brush. The car comes with the original CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH (shown in the photos below) from SLP in Quebec. It is an original document signed by Ed Hamburger (SLP Engineering President) and Terry Maxwell, President of SLP Canada). It shows that it is car number 7347, and was born on 05/11/2000 at the Lasalle, Quebec SLP assembly plant. It has a microfiche “footprint” photo of the tire, and shows that it was sold to the same people whose name is on the current FLORIDA title. The CARFAX/AutoCheck reports show two (2) owners, but this is because they originally purchased and titled the car in Massachusetts, and when they moved to Florida, they had to get a Florida title, which they only did in one of their names for insurance reasons. Florida issued a title and showed it as a second owner. It is still the same person, and the name on the current title matches the original BIRTH certificate owner from SLP. The car also comes with the original SLP window sticker. It has NOT been removed from the stick sheet, and can be applied to the car window or left as is. It shows that the car was equipped as follows: 320HP V8 LS1 ENGINE COMPOSITE HOOD WITH FUNCTIONAL AIR SCOOP SS SPECIFIC REAR DECK SPOILER UPGRADED SUSPENSION COMPONENTS DUAL OUTLET EXHAUST SYSTEM P275/40ZR17 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 TIRES 17”X9” LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM PAINTED WHEELS CAMARO SS EXTERIOR GRAPHICS AND BADGING ZEXEL TORSION DIFFERENTIAL The car is truly one of the finest examples of an F-Body I have ever seen in person, and I think it is really the perfect combination of color, content, condition, and documentation that you need in an investment grade classic car. The car is ready to go as it sits, and has been safety checked as well. You could fly in and drive this thing home anywhere in the lower 48 without concern. There are NO known mechanical, operational, functional, electrical, or operational issues that I am aware of after driving it. In the area? Come see it. If not, fly down here for a personal showing! I am willing to bet that the first person who comes here to see the car in person will buy it. MILEAGE IS TRUE, CORRECT, AND ACTUAL, AND IS REFLECTED AS SUCH ON THE VEHICLES FLORIDA TITLE. The title is in the dealerships name, and this is NOT a consignment car. It is ready for transfer to the next owner, and is eligible for export sale as well. FINANCING AVAILABLE AT COMPETITIVE RATES AND TERMS WITH YOUR GREAT CREDIT! CALL J.J. AT (941)286-0889 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Chevy/1822...html?aid=32805
Old 08-14-2014, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did I miss it or do you not say how many miles are on the car?
Old 08-20-2014, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How many miles are on the car?

Quick Reply: 2000 Chevrolet Camaro TRIPLE BLACK SLP SS CONVERT. FULLY DOCUMENTED