Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1970 Nova LS Swap Project for sale or trade

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1970 Nova LS Swap Project for sale or trade

Year: 1970
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Nova
Price: $7000
Mileage: 70000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Orange
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

This Nova is originally from Arizona (I have the plates and AZ title) and has a really clean body. No rust issues and the driver's side front floor pan and transmission tunnel were replaced and coated with POR 15 due to a previous owner/hackjob of installing a standard transmission. The car was originally equipped with power brakes, front discs and power steering. I had a Chris Alston six-point roll cage (1 3/4 x .134 mild steel with hip height door bars) professionally installed by R&D Race Cars on South Congress in Austin. Comes with an original steel hood and a fiberglass Harwood hinged hood with low tension hood springs. Front fenders and hood are off the car in preparation for paint but come with the car.

The front subframe, upper and lower control arms and front core support were removed from the car, sandblasted and then powder coated black. Completely new front suspension kit; tie rods, ball joints, polygraphite bushings and body mounts, new front sbc coil springs. CPP complete 2" drop spindle power brake kit including CNC 4130 chrom-moly 2" drop spindles, 11" rotors, new calipers, pads, bearings, hardware, stainless brake hoses and new power brake booster and master cylinder. The entire front end is brand new, except for the power steering box that has been checked out.

Complete new wiring harness from American Autowire (Classic Update Kit 500878) that includes every socket, connector, fuse box, flasher and switch. Front bench and rear seat recovered in black, original style upholstery from Classic Industries. New aftermarket steering wheel, Hurst QuarterStick shifter, Front wheels are Coy's C5 17x7 in gun metal gray with a polished lip and brand new BF Goodrich G-Force tires from Discount Tire. Trunk mounted red top Optima battery.

Engine is a 2007 5.3l from a Chevrolet Avalanche that had 20k miles on it before it was broadsided. Local shop went through the engine and installed an AutoKraft 5/12 quart fabricated 1st generation Camaro/Firebird oil pan with pick up tube. LS2 camshaft currently installed with lifters. I have a set of 241 heads that can go with the car if you wanted them.

Freshly built Turbo 400 transmission with new 3400 stall converter. Driveshaft done by Longview Driveshaft/4x4. Back wheels and rearend are still the same as when I got the car. I intended to buy a pair of 17x9 Coy's C5 wheels for the back when I got to the back of the car. Factory 8.2 10 bolt rear end, but I have a Ford 9" large journal housing and a pair of 31 spline axles that can go with the car.

I have a notebook full of receipts for the Nova and about $14k into it at this point. I'm asking $7000 for the car with engine/transmission or $6000 obo as a roller.

I'd like to trade for a running and driving 73-79 Chevrolet C10 pickup.
Attached Thumbnails 1970 Nova LS Swap Project for sale or trade-00t0t_3epsbg01meh_600x450-600x450-.jpg   1970 Nova LS Swap Project for sale or trade-100_0015-800x450-.jpg   1970 Nova LS Swap Project for sale or trade-20140314_192656-800x600-.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1970 Nova LS Swap Project for sale or trade